Aprilaire Whole House Air Purifier, Premium Electronic Air Cleaner
Ask a Question
About this Product
Are you trying to make the jump into the digital age with an electronic air cleaner? The Aprilaire 5000 Premium Whole House Electronic Air Cleaner is where the buck stops if you want supreme results, minimal power usage and a cleaning unit that will last for years to come.
By passing air through a control electrode, this unit focuses and intensifies an electrical field generated by ionizing wires to trap and eliminate any irritants in your air space. In fact, this method for air purification is so effective, the Aprilaire 5000 Premium Whole House Electronic Air Cleaner is always at least 94% effective at removing bacteria as miniscule as .35 microns.
Filtering up to 72 feet at any given time, this electronic air cleaner is the pinnacle of home air filtration. No other system on the market can come close to the overall dependability and effectiveness of the Aprilaire 5000 Premium Whole House Electronic Air Cleaner.
The Aprilaire 5000 should be installed by an HVAC professional as a part of your central air and heating system. This unit comes equipped with a Digital Controller which can be mounted to the Aprilaire 5000 unit itself, or can be mounted on your wall (Controller model # 4838).
Additional Information :
• Traps 99% of airborne pollen, mold and spore-sized particles
• Eliminates 98% of airborne bacteria-sized particles
• Removes 94% of respirable dust, dust which the EPA reports can trigger asthma
• Captures 80% of airborne particles the size of tobacco smoke
• Removes up to 80% of airborne virus-sized particles-something no other air cleaner in the industry can do!
• Easy to maintain the 5000 requires infrequent replacement of filtering media and wiping down of ionizing wires, a process that can be completed in less than 20 minutes
• Unlike competitive electronic air cleaners there is never a need for the frequent and time-consuming cleaning or washing of collector cells
• Recommended Air Flow: Up to 2000 cfm
• Replacement Filter Media: Aprilaire Model 501
• Recommended Filter Life: 1 Year Depending on Usage
• Filtering Media Area: 72.3 sq. ft.
• Resistance at Airflow Volume: .10" @ 1000, .14" @ 1200, .17" @ 1400, .21" @ 1600, .25" @ 1800, .29" @ 2000
• UL Classified
• Outlet Opening Height: 15.50" (394mm)
• Outer Housing Depth Without Door and Clips: 28.13" (714mm)
• Outlet Opening Width: 24.63" (625mm)
• Unit Width: 12.00" (205mm)
• Outer Housing Depth With Door and Clips 31.00" (787mm)
• Inlet Opening Width: 23.88" (606mm)
• Inlet Opening Height: 15.50" (394mm)
• Unit Height at Front: 18.25" (464mm)
• Unit Height at Back: 17.75" (451mm)
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
Does it include the filter?
Yes the filter comes with this Unit
I have an electric up-flow furnace with the plenum on top. * Can the Aprilair 5000 be placed in a horizonal position and still operate in the same efficient manner? * Since I live where refrigeration isn't necessary, can the unit be operated in the summer with just the blower on? * Do you have an installation manual pdf that I could view?I'll watch for your reply.Thanks,Ron
The Aprilaire 500 can be mounted horizontally without effecting the function of the cleaner. These cleaners are connected to air handlers all the time, and are perfect for your described application. Below, I have attched a link to the PDF manual for your convenience.
Aprilaire 500 Manual (PDF)
If you are a new customer, please register first: