Aprilaire Thermostat, Universal Touchscreen Thermostat
Ask a Question
About this Product
About the Aprilaire 8600 Universal Touchscreen Thermostat
The Aprilaire 8600 Universal Touchscreen Thermostat is a low-profile thermostat that offers a wide range of features at a great price! This model can be used to control many different heating installations, including multi-stage, single stage, heat pumps, millivolt, and standard electric, oil, and gas systems. The large, easy-to-read 10.3 square inch backlit screen can be either hardwired (24VAC) or battery operated.
In addition, the Aprilaire 8600 also offers manual or programmable modes in 7-day, 5/1/1 day or 5/2 day cycles, as well as the ability to display information on the status of the air filter, dehumidifier, humidifier and HVAC. It has a fan control and fan circulation mode that is programmable, built-in instructions and suggestions through its Message Center and progressive recovery, which confirms the correct temperature at the beginning of programmed cycles.
The Aprilaire 8600 is also compatible with a variety of accessories to further extend the thermostat’s range of features, meaning it is your most flexible option on the market.
Features:• Large touch screen with adjustable backlight - constant backlight available (24 VAC hardwired)
• Message center provides feedback and instructions.
• 7 day programmable or separately programmable weekday/weekend schedules.
• Thermostat can be removed from the wall for easy programming (batteries must be installed).
• Front battery door access for fast, easy replacement.
• Dual Power Option: Battery or 24 VAC
• Displays room temperature, temperature setting, and optional outdoor temperature.
• Air filter, humidifier, dehumidifier, and HVAC service indicators.
• Programmable fan control with fan circulation mode.
• Easy to use temperature control can override program schedule at any time.
• Progressive recovery ensures proper temperature at the start of a program event.
• Built in compressor protection prevents damage to your equipment.
• Control range: 45° to 99°F (7° to 32°C)
• Display range: 32° to 99°F (0° to 40°C)
• Accuracy: +/- 1°F (+/- .5°C)
• Storage temperature: -30° to 140°F (-34.4° to 60°C)
• Operating humidity: 5% to 90% relative humidity
• Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 120°F (0° to 48.9°C)
• Shipping temperature range: -30° to 140°F (-34.4° to 60°C)
• 4 15/16â€ High x 6â€ Wide x 1 5/16â€ Deep
• 24 VAC (18-30 VAC)
• 1 amp maximum load per terminal
• 2.5 amp total maximum load (all terminals)
• AC Power: 18-30 Volt AC
• DC Power: 3.0 Volts DC (2 â€œAAâ€ Alkaline batteries included)
• Standard systems gas, oil, electric
• Single stage/heat pump/multi-stage
• Millivolt systems
• Terminal Designations: C, B, O, Y, Y2, G, RC, R, W2, W, L, S2, S1, T1, T2
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: