- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
- Nutone (1)
- Yes (1)
- No (+25)
- Yes (1)
- 4 inch (1)
- 100-200 CFM (1)
- 50-100 CFM (+1)
Quiet Bath Exhaust Fans
Bundle Items & SAVE!
Purchase this item and earn Westside Dollars
How to Select
How to Shop Quiet Bath Exhaust Fans
Choosing high-quality, efficient household appliances is always a big deal. Why? Because there are hundreds of questions that need to be answered before making just one feasible decision. When it comes to bathroom exhaust fans it is a matter of common knowledge that this device is highly important for a comfortable and convenient bathroom usage. The list of benefits includes its easy operation and crystal clean air, absence of fog and mildew, constant pleasant fresh odor, and always protected and good looking bathroom fixtures and surfaces. Still, in order to enjoy all these advantages, it is necessary to study several important tips for successful quiet bath exhaust fan purchase.
Wiring Management and Bathroom Zones
Any bathroom is conveniently divided into three zones. This division depends on the proximity of an electrical device to the water source and determines the required type of a bath fan.
- The first zone relates to the shower itself and the 2.25 meters above the bath area.
- The second area is extended to 0.6 meters to all directions from the first zone.
- The third area is further extended to 2.4 meters to all directions from the second zone.
The first two zones are the most dangerous and require a Safety Extra Low Voltage bathroom fan with an Ingress Protected 45 rated motor. The third zone is remote from the water source and can be equipped with almost any desirable type of the bath fans.
Switching and Operation Rules
All bath fans can be operated either by a light switch or an independent remote switch. In addition to that, most of the models possess separate options that can be used for managing additional applications. In general, there are three available versions: Basic Bath Fans, Bath Fans with Timer, and Bath Fans with Humidistat.
- Basic fans are operated only through the light switch or remote control.
- Timer version ensures that a bath fan will be working for a set period of time after the light or remote control is switched off.
- Bath fans equipped with a Humidistat are turned on automatically as soon as the preset maximal humidity level is reached and are turned off right after the humidity level returns to its normal preset position.
- There could be also rarely found bath fans fitted out with Integral Pull Cords or Passive Infra-Red Sensors.
All the quiet bath exhaust fans can also differ in size (4 or 6 inch models) and air extraction rate (measured in Liters per Second or Meters Cubed per Hour). Besides, a customer can always choose between various noise level types starting from the whisper quiet models of 24dB (A) and finishing with the most powerful bath fans featuring about 55dB (A). Any of the chosen models is highly efficient and economic.