- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
BRK 9120LB Smoke Alarm, 120V Hardwired w/ Lithium Battery Backup
This item is no longer available
For your convenience, we recommend:
BRK 9120LBLView this item
About the BRK 9120LB 120V Hardwired, Interconnectable Smoke Alarm with Lithium Battery
The BRK 9120LB is a great choice when it comes to affordable smoke alarms. Redeigned from the ground up, BRK created the 9120LB model to directly replace past models while providing greatly improved sensing technology, improved installation method, and improved connectivety. All around, the BRK 9120LB is the perfect smoke alarm if you are looking for affordability with function.
The BRK 9120LB uses new Smart Sensing Technology to reduce in nuissance alarms more efficiently and more accurately than ever before. The BRK 9120LB is designed for sleeping rooms in your home, hospitals, hotels, motels, college dormatories and multi-family housing units. Complies with NFPA101, UL217, CSFM, NFPA72, HUD, FHA, and other agencies. Where AC/DC silent smoke alarms are required, this model will work perfectly.
The 9120LB model has the ability tobe interconnected within a circuit of alarms and other alert devices such as bells, whistles, repeaters, fans, or switches. (You can connect up to 17 devices, of which 11 can be smoke alarms, and 6 can be alternate devices.
Also integrated is a lithium battery backup to make sure your smoke alarms do not loose operation when your power fails, providing addtional security. Note: This item is the DIRECT replacement for the discontinued BRK 4120, 4120B, and 86RAC
- Single button test/silence
- Latching alarm indicator: remembers which unit initiated an alarm
- Smart Technology: helps reduce the number of nuisance alarms
- Perfect Mount: allows for easy alignment of alarm
- Dust Cover
- 10 year warranty Through the Manufacturer
- Alarm Dimensions: 5.6" dia x 2.0" H
- Operating Voltage: 120V AC 60Hz
- Operating Current: .04 amps (standby/alarm)
- Temperature Range: 40° F (4° C) to 100° F (38° C)
- Humidity Range: 10 % to 90 % relative humidity (RH)
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10 feet
- Test/Silence: Electronically simulates smoke condition, causing the unit to alarm
- Alarm Reset: Automatic when smoke clears
- Interconnections: Up to 18 units of First Alert or BRK Smoke, CO and Heat Alarms. Maximum of 12 smoke alarms.
- Smoke Sensor: Dual chamber ionization
- Indicator Lights/Sounds:
- AC Power: Constant Green LED /
- DC Power: Intermittent Red LED (9120B only)
- Local Alarm: Red LED flashes rapidly
- Remote Alarm: Red LED out
- Latching Alarm: Green LED flashes 2 sec. on/2 sec. off after local alarm
- Listing: Listed to UL217 Standard
- 10-Year Warranty Through the Manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
Can I replace BRK 9120B with the BRK 9120LB without having to change wiring?by Jane P. on 12-29-2014
Yes, the wiring will be the same and so will the mounting bracket.on 12-30-2014
Homeowner concerned about age of system. Installed between 1990-1995. BRK 86RAC There are four units. Need to know what are the replacement models - believe it's #9120 but can I combine 2 smoke w/ 2 smoke/CO2? Is there a better model series? And please help me understand difference between 9120B and 9120LB. Is Kidde brand same or betterby Art G. from New Jersey on 06-09-2012
Typically, smoke alarms have a lifespan of 5-10 years depending on the quality of the alarm. Based on your description, it is safe to say you are in need of replacements.
The BRK 9120B (click here to view) is a direct replacement for your existing models. To add Carbon Monoxide and Smoke combintaion detection, you will need the BRK SC9120B (click here to view).
The difference between the BRK 9120B and the 9120LB is that the 9120LB includes a long lasting lithium battery, whereas the 9120B uses a standard 9V battery.
To replace your existing BRK models, we recommend using BRK replacements. Both the 9120B and the SC9120B include manufacturer warranty. (Kidde detectors may work as replacements, however, potential wiring configurations may require specific adapters or addiitonal parts for proper operation, click here to view)on 06-11-2012Please login or register before adding a question.