BRK SC7010B Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Photoelectric Hardwired w/ Battery Backup
Ask a Question
About this Product
The BRK SC7010B smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is a state-of-the-art hardwired combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm that serves multiple purposes in your home. This BRK combination smoke alarm works great as a standard smoke alarm with advanced photoelectric sensing that works smarter to ensure you get fewer false alarms. In addition to smoke sensing, the BRK SC7010B smoke and carbon Monoxide alarm detects carbon monoxide levels in the room; alerting you if levels are unsafe. The BRK SC 7010B incorporates a convenient 85db Spread Spectrum horn tone which alternates deeper frequencies which are easier for those who may be experiencing hearing difficulty or loss.
When the BRK SC7010B smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is interconnected to one of the 18 available connections, you can easily identify if this alarm has initiated the system with an Initiating Alarm latch. Once activated, the latch will trigger, causing the connected alarms to sound. Inside the alarm is a backup battery compartment in case of power loss with a green power indication light.
The BRK SC7010B smoke and CO alarm utilizes the advanced 360 OptiPath technology which has improved detection ability near wall and ceilings where other alarms may have difficulties detecting properly. It meets new construction requirements.
• Two silence features: can silence the low-battery chirp for up to eight hours or temporarily silence an unwanted nuisance alarm
• Optipath 360 Technology: patented technology provides 360 degrees of direct access to the smoke sensor
• Perfect Mount: allows for easy alignment of alarm
• Spread Spectrum Horn Tone: lower and varying frequency makes it easier for the elderly with normal aged related hearing loss to hear the horn
• Latching Features: alarm Latch • remembers which unit initiated an alarm
• Low Battery Latch: visually indentifies unit in low battery condition
• Dust Cover
• Easy Installation/Maintenance
• Operating Voltage: 120V AC 60Hz with two 1.5V AA battery backup
• Operating Current: .05 amps (standby/alarm)
• Temperature Range: 40° F (4° C) to 100° F (38° C)
• Humidity Range: 10 % to 95 % relative humidity (RH)
• Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10 feet
• Voice Output: Choice of 11 pre-programmed locations warns of smoke or CO danger and location of danger
• Test/Silence: Electronically simulates smoke or carbon monoxide condition, causing the unit to alarm
• Alarm Reset: Automatic when smoke and/or CO clears
• Interconnections: Up to 18 units of First Alert or BRK Smoke, CO and Heat Alarms. Maximum of 12 smoke alarms.
• Smoke Sensor: Photoelectric
• CO Sensor: Electrochemical
• Indicator Lights/Sounds: • AC Power: Constant Green LED / • DC Power: Intermittent Green LED
• Local Alarm: Red LED flashes
• Remote Alarm: Red LED off
• Alarm Latch: Red LED flashes every 5 seconds after local alarm stops
• Low Battery Latch: Power LED flashes green on for 2 seconds, off for 2 seconds
• Listing: Listed to UL217 and UL2034 Standards<
Looking for a truly reliable fire alarm? Then you should definitely consider BRK SC7010B option - this is a word of a seasoned fireman. You know, choosing an alarm device is pretty easy when you have access to REAL statistics on the efficiency of this or that device - bet you will hardly find a better solution as for price-functionality ratio. An extensive set of features won't leave you indifferent.
on 07-10-2014 by Louis
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
When the smoke alarms say they interconnect and all sound when one goes off, do they interconnect solely thru being hardwired into the power in the house or do they need to be wired to each other directly? Also, is there a place that explains which models interconnect with this model?
To interconnect the units you need to connect the "interconnect" wire to the junction box. Do this for each unit. A far as seeing which units are compatible with this model you can visit www.brkelectronics.com and use their cross reference guide.
I would like to know if I can use (1) BRK SC7010B 120V Hardwired Photoelectric Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup with (5) BRK 3120B 120V 60H AC Photo/Ion Smoke Alarm with Battery Back-up.They will all be hardwired on the same wiring. I know you can do smoke alarms, just am not sure about the CO2/ smoke. Thank you. Jeff Bream
Interconnect units within a single family residence only. Otherwise all households will experience unwanted alarms when you test any unit in the series. Interconnected units will only work if they are wired to compatible units and all requirements are met. A maximum of 18 compatible units may be interconnected (Maximum of 12 Smoke Alarms). They must be all on the same breaker for power.
If you are a new customer, please register first: