BRK Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm, 120V Hardwired w/ Battery Backup
Ask a Question
About this Product
About the BRK SC9120B 120V Hardwired, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup
The BRK SC9120B is a great choice when it comes to affordable smoke & carbon monoxide combination alarms. Redeigned from the ground up, BRK created the SC9120B model to directly replace past models while providing greatly improved sensing technology, improved installation method, and improved connectivety. All around, the BRK SC9120B is the perfect combination alarm if you are looking for affordability with function. The SC9120B uses a superior Carbon Monoxide sensor and a dual Ionization sensor for smoke.
The BRK SC9120B uses new Smart Sensing Technology to reduce in nuissance alarms more efficiently and more accurately than ever before. The BRK SC9120B is designed for sleeping rooms in your home, hospitals, hotels, motels, college dormatories and multi-family housing units. Complies with NFPA101, UL217, CSFM, NFPA72, HUD, FHA, and other agencies. Where AC/DC silent smoke alarms are required, this model will work perfectly.
The SC9120B model has the ability to be interconnected within a circuit of alarms and other alert devices such as bells, whistles, repeaters, fans, or switches. (You can connect up to 17 devices, of which 11 can be smoke alarms, and 6 can be alternate devices.
Also integrated is a 9V battery backup to make sure your smoke alarms do not loose operation when your power fails, providing addtional security.
Features:• Smoke & CO Combo Unit: One alarm protects against two deadly household threats
• Intelligent Sensing Technology: Reduces the number of non-emergency or unwanted alarms
• Latching Alarm Indicator: Easily identifies initiating alarm even after the alarm condition has subsided
• Smart Interconnect: One interconnect wire carries smoke and CO alarm signals
• Two Silence Features: Can temporarily silence low battery chirp for up to 8 hours before replacing low battery or silence an unwanted alarm for several minutes
• Perfect Mount System: Includes a gasketless base for easy installation and new mounting bracket that keeps the alarm secure over a wide rotation range to allow for perfect alignment
• Interconnectable: 18 units. Can be interconnected with up to 12 smoke alarms and the remaining can be a combination of UL listed BRK heat, CO alarms
Specifications:• Operating Voltage: 120V AC w/ 9V battery back-up
• Power: .09 Amps
• Temp Range: 40 degrees F to 100 degrees F
• Humidity Range: 10% to 90% relative humidity
• Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10 feet
• Smoke Sensor: Dual chamber ionization
• CO Sensor: Metal Oxide
• Wiring: Quick connect plug with 8" pigtails
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
Show per page:
Can these BRK alarms be interconnected?
Yes, the BRK SC9120B model has the ability to be interconnected within a circuit of alarms. You can connect up to 17 devices, of which 11 can be smoke alarms and 6 can be alternate devices.
My First Alert SCC9120B were all going off, but there was no fire and no carbon monoxide issues. Therefore, I changed all the batteries thinking that was the problem. After installing the new batteries, a few minutes went by and then one of the alarms started three beeps and soon after the other followed. Do I need to reset these alarms after installing new batteries or what would you think my problem may be?
Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have a shelf life of 7-10 years, if it has been longer than that we recommend purchasing new ones. If they have not been installed that long, contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot the unit. First Alert phone number: 800-323-9005
Does this carbon monoxide and smoke alarm have voice warning?
No, this unit does not have voice warning. The BRK SC7010BV is the unit with voice warning.It can be found here:http://www.westsidewholesale.com/brk-sc7010bv.html
do i need to connect this to any A/C SOURCE OR the battery is all i need? AND I AM LOOKING DETECTORS FOR A SCHOOL
The unit should be hardwired directly to the home/business. Though the battery will power the unit by itself.
do i need to connect this to any A/C SOURCE OR the battery is all i need?
This unit is wired directly to your home. The battery will also power the unit by itself.
Is the BRK9120B a direct replacement for the SC6120B ?
The 9120 Series will replace the SC6120B model
Will this SC9120B EASILY replace the old 86RAC? Does it have the same hardwire plug so I can use the old plug? How about the hardware on the ceiling to attach it?thanks in advance! Andy.
The 86 RAC is Replaced by the BRK 9120B.
If you are a new customer, please register first: