- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
BRK SL177 Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm, Hardwired Dual Mode Strobe Light For Hearing Impaired
Earn 3 Westside Dollars for every 1 piece purchased.
About the BRK SL177 Hardwired, Dual Mode Strobe Light for the Hearing Impaired
The BRK SL177 is a hardwired addition to your smoke / Carbon Monoxide detection system. Usually used in institutional applications, the dual mode strobe light provides a visual representation of the alarm sound for the hearing impaired. This ADA compliant model is a great way to make sure you are ADA compliant while ensuring the safety of others. In addition to providing a bring strobing flash, the BRK SL177 will flash in patterns based on the alarm to better prepare thehearing imparied. The SL177 meets UL 1971 standard by flashing at an average rate of 60 times per minute.
The BRK SL177 oprates on 120V standard line voltage and features a green indicator LED to identify if the unit is receiving power. This unit can be interconnected with up to 18 devices including Smoke Alarms, Carbon Monoxide Detectors, Bells, Sirens, Repeaters, etc. The BRK SL177 will activate once an interconnected alarm is triggered.
- SMART STROBE: Separate flash patterns to distinguish between smoke and carbon monoxide
- 177 CANDELA XENON STROBE: Powerful 177 candela xenon strobe light provides effective visual warning to hearing impaired residents
- 1Hz FLASH RATE:60 flashes per minute rate meets ADA, ANSI 117.1, NFPA 72 and UL1971 requirements for visual signal devices
- Strobe Dimensions: 5.63 Dia x 3.25"H
- Weight: 9.9 oz.
- Operating Voltage: 120V AC
- Operating Current: .09A standby/ 0.85A alarm
- Temperature Range: 40 F (4 C) to 100 F (38 C)
- Humidity Range: 10% to 95% relative humidity (RH)
- Test: To test this strobe light you must activate the test button of each inter-connected, smoke, CO or heat alarm.
- Interconnections: Up to 18 units with smoke, heat, CO alarms and relays. Maximum of 12 smoke alarms (see users manual).
- Indicator Lights: AC Power: Constant Green Light
- Listing To UL 1971 Standards
- 10 year - manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
Can the BRK hearing impaired dual smoke/CO alarm be interconnected with the BRK SC9120B? I need to have at least one battery backup unit in the dwelling. Or, is there a hearing impaired alarm that is both hard wired and has a battery backup?by Leon R. on 01-26-2015
Yes, it can be interconnected with the BRK SC9120B. This unit HAS to be interconnected with at least one other alarm or it will not work.on 01-29-2015Please login or register before adding a question.