Broan QTRE080R Bathroom Fan, 80 CFM Easy Retro-Fit QuietTest Silent Series - for 4" Duct
Ask a Question
About this Product
Introducing the Broan QTRE080R ultra-quiet, high performance bath fan with a modern-styled grille. Made for use with both new construction and retrofit applications, the ultra silent bathfan features easy-retrofit; a telescoping frame and a unique duct attachment system make installation simple. Upgrading to a Broan UltraSilent bathroom fan without the hassle of patching, priming or painting is possible. The fan goes in faster, connects to joists more solidly, and eliminates unprofessional rigging.
Features:• 80 CFM, 0.8 Sones, Energy Star Qualified
• Easily installed from the room below without attic access
• Fits 2" x 8" ceiling construction
• No mounting ears means no drywall patching or painting
• Can be installed without extra wood on top of drywall
• Unique telescoping mounting frame works with virtually any joist spread
• Frame design allows for extremely solid four-point mount
• Horizontal, between-joist adjustability for room centering when desired
• New, specially-designed duct connector bracket attaches to frame and allows for duct pre-attachment without housing
• Housing simply slides up into frame and bracket with perfect alignment
• UL Listed for use over tub or shower when installed in a GFCI protected branch circuit
Specifications:• Model Number: QTRE080R
• CFM Rating: 80 CFM
• Sones: 0.8
• Voltage: 120V
• Amperage: 0.3 Amps
• Housing Dimensions: 10 1/2" L x 11 3/8" W x 7 5/8" H
• Grille Dimensions: 13" L x 14" W
• Duct Size: 4" Round Duct Connector with Tapered Sleeve
Excellent Home Replacement Upgrade
The model QTRE080R Ultra Silent Ventilation Fan is an excellent solution for installing or replacing a ceiling mounted ventilation fan in rooms with limited or no access to the space above. The mounting system itself is easy to install and results in a secure installation for the fan with no vibration noise. The hidden secret to this product’s success is the 11”x12” ceiling opening required for installation.
My particular QTRE080R installation required a PVC vent pipe to be moved 4 inches over within the joist space as well as reconfiguration of the ductwork to resolve an annoying vibration noise caused by sloppy installation of the original unit. The generous 11”x12” access space provides the working space needed to make the adjustments without creating access holes in other parts of the ceiling. As a homeowner, I find that ‘projects’ of this type often require additional time and effort to address unanticipated conditions. The QTRE080R installation provides ample working space for a 6’ homeowner to resolve such surprise situations easily without unnecessary demolition and refinishing effort.
The end result is an incredibly quiet fan even when routed through a 3" exhaust duct. How quiet? The sound of the running fan is less than the sound of water running through the faucet in the same bath or the sound of water filling the toilet tank. There is no more fan or vibration noise upstairs at all. Now that is an improvement.
on 12-05-2011 by Midwest Homeowner
So easy to install!!!!
I had to replace a noisy old fan and purchased this Retro-Bath Fan from Broan.It was so easy to install and no climbing up to the attic!!!The time saving design is the best I have ever seen, and the Fan is Very Quiet!! Jack
on 07-11-2010 by Jack
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
What color is it?
The grille is White in color (the recessed housing is not seen once installed).
If you are a new customer, please register first: