Cooper TR270LA Electrical Outlet, Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle, 15A - Light Almond
Ask a Question
About this Product
The Cooper TR270LA 15A Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle utilizes integral protection that is far superior to traditional receptacles that utilize removable plastic safety caps. The Cooper TR270LA 15A Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle features a UL listed safety shutter system that prevents foreign objects from being inserted and only opens when 2 plug blades are inserted simultaneously.
The Cooper TR270LA 15A Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle is compliant with 2008 NEC Article 406.11 that states the every receptacle installed must be tamper resistant. Typical applications for the Cooper TR270LA 15A Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle are new residential construction, remodel/retrofit residential construction, apartment buildings, condominiums and townhouses, hotels, motels, inns and suites with kitchenettes, retirement communities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Note: 2008 NEC Article 406.11 applies to new construction only.
Wallplate sold separately.
Features:• Provides compliance with 2008 NEC Article 406.11|
• Durable impact-resistant thermoplastic face and back body is virtually unbreakable
• TR designation provides visual identification
• Terminal screws are backed out and ready to wire
• Extra-long and extra-wide mounting straps
• Side-wire terminals accept up to #10 solid or stranded wire
• Push-in terminals accept #14 solid wire
Specifications:• Model: TR270LA|
• Color: Light Almond
• Material: Thermoplastic face and back body
• Voltage: 125V
• Amperage: 15A
• NEMA: 5-15R
• Pole: 2
• Wire: 3
• Termination: Side Wire and Push Wire
• Testing and Code Compliance: Listed to UL 498, CSA, Meets all CSA requirements, and NOM certified
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: