- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Elco Lighting EL1499ICA Recessed Lighting Can, 4" Low Voltage IC-Rated Airtight Housing - for New Construction
- The Elco Lighting EL1499ICA 4" Recessed Lighting Can makes an excellent choice for fixtures and space savers. The Double Wall is combined of 2 walls encompassed into 1 housing. It protects the insulation from the direct heating of the inner wall, creating a fire safe form of housing. This New Construction housing is installed on the joist of the truss framing, and is a more permanent style of lighting. The Integral Thermal Protection guards against misuse of insulation materials and improper lamping. The Integral magnetic transformer steps line voltage down to lamp operating voltage. Junction box is listed through branch circuit wiring and has 4 1/2 inch knockouts with true pryout slots. 7 1/4 inch height allows use in 2 x 8 inch construction. Housing can be removed from plaster frame for junction box access.
For use with 4" Low Voltage Recessed Trims in:• Black• Bronze• Brushed Nickel• Chrome• Copper• White
- Captive Hanger Bars for Maximum 24" Joist Spacing
- Thermal Protection
- Lampholder on Trims Adjusts 40 Degrees from Horizontal, and the Eyeball Trim Adjusts 30 Degrees
- Can Be Repositioned 90 Degrees
- Height: 7 1/4"
- Ceiling Opening: 4 1/4"
- Bulb Type: 50W Max
- This Elco Lighting Product Has a 2 Year Warranty
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
I have these housings installed. Would it be possible to use a WAC lighting 4" square trim with this housing?by Nadeem R. on 07-28-2014
We recommend sticking with the same manufacturer of the housing to ensure quality and precise fit. It is at your discretion to use a different manufacturer on an Elco housing.You can however find compatible Elco trims for that housings on our website:http://www.westsidewholesale.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?brand_id=22&department=0&q=4%22+Low+Voltage+trimon 07-31-2014
I bought these a few years ago and they are great, but I tried to put an LED bulb in them and it didn't work. It just glowed dimly. Can the transformer in this housing support LED dimming? If so, then I guess I need to get a new dimmer?by Brian M. on 05-30-2012
The magnetic transformer in this housing can be used with low-voltage MR16 LED lamps but there are a few factors to consider.
For best results you would want to use an LED Dimmer (Click Here to View), which has adjustments for different LED lamps.
Additionally while this housing should be compatible with most low-voltage MR16 LED lamps there may be a few manufacturer's LED lamps which have compatibility issues.on 05-30-2012Please login or register before adding a question.