- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Conserve Water and Save Money Using Energy-Efficient Showerheads
Replacing your old showerhead with a more efficient fixture is an easy way to save money on your utility bill and conserve more water. Even those who enjoy taking long showers as a way to de-stress can benefit from an energy-saving showerhead, which can help reduce water consumption by as much as 50% to 70% without sacrificing quality and performance. Read on to learn more about the main types of showerheads, reviews of the leading brands and how to quickly install the fixtures on your own.
How to Install a Showerhead
The idea of replacing your own showerhead may seem daunting, but today’s modern fixtures are fairly easy to install on your own. All you need are pliers or a wrench, plumber’s tape and a cloth to protect your fixture from wrench marks. Here are 5 easy steps to installing a showerhead:
1. To remove your old fixture, hold the shower arm steady and loosen the showerhead’s nut, then take off the showerhead by turning it counterclockwise.
2. Using a wire brush, clean the threads of the shower arm to remove any debris or old tape.
3. On the shower arm, wrap several layers of plumber’s tape around the threads to eliminate leaks.
4. To install the new showerhead, hold the shower arm steady and attach the new showerhead by turning it 1 to 2 times clockwise. Wrap the cloth around the showerhead to avoid scratching the fixture with the wrench, and then proceed to use the tool to tighten the showerhead.
5. Test the new head for leaks and turn the shower on. If you do find leaks, remove the showerhead and re-apply the tape and repeat the installation process.