- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Hayward C5030 SwimClear Large Capacity Cartridge Filter, 525 Sq. Ft.
Get 10% Cashback in Westside Dollars
The Hayward SwimClear Large Capacity Cartridge Filter, 525 Sq. Ft (5025) has been replaced by the (5030). Hayward's SwimClear large capacity cartridge filters offer increased filtration areas for a bigger, better clean. Utilizing a cluster of four reusable cartridge elements, SwimClear filters offer a choice of 225 (Model # C2025), 325 (Model # C3025), 425 (Model # C4025) or 525 (Model # C5025) square feet of heavy-duty dirt-holding capacity for extra-long cleaning cycles; up to an entire season without cleaning! With filter tanks constructed of improved PermaGlass XL material, SwimClear filters will provide years of trouble-free operation and crystal clear, sparkling water-all season long.How A Cartridge Filter WorksSingle Locking Knob securely fastens filter head to filter tank, eliminating clamps or bolts. Filter Head provides easy access to cartridge element. May be rotated to conveniently position pressure gauge and manual air relief valve. The Heavy-Duty Filter Tank injection is molded of reinforced thermoplastic for dependable, corrosion-free performance. Scavenger Tube Air Relief purges any trapped air during filter operation. Single Element Cartridge is engineered of high-quality reinforced polyester, with gasketed molded end caps, for maximum efficiency, easier cleaning and longer life. Precision-Engineered Extruded Core provides extra strength and superior flow. Elevated Filtered Water Collector and Debris Sump prevents accidental by-pass of heavy debris to pool or spa when cartridge is removed for cleaning.See below to read the differences between D.E. and Cartridge filters.D.E. vs Cartridge Filters: DE is always a much better filter; it will filter about 10 times finer particles than cartridge will. Cartridge filters need to be cleaned every few months, whereas DE filters can usually go amonth or two longer for similar sized filters. Backwashing is not recommended, but you want to you can. If a DE filter is properly sized (48 or 60 sq ft for most residential pools) they willusually only need to be cleaned 2 times a year. Without the help of cellulose, a cartridge filter will have a very difficult time filtering out algae (should the pool get it which all pools do),when you add one of these products it's basically like putting DE in a cartridge filter. Your other option is to add a flocculent, which will clump the particles so they are bigger and thecartridge will filter them out, with a flocculent you are making the particle bigger and with cellulose you are adding an additive to allow the filter to filter out finer particles.The only advantages to cartridge are that they are slightly more customer friendly and slightly easier to clean, mostly because you don't have to add DE when you are done cleaning it. The assembly (putting the filter back together) is also a little bit easier. This should not influence anyone's decision as to which one is better, and should be purchased. A lot of builders use cartridge filters because many cities require them, or they don't allow DE on new construction. The reason for that is that DE is not good for the environment. Almost 100% of the filters purchased by the service trade are DE, because they work MUCH better. Also, the life expectancy of a grid (DE) is about 10 years if they are taken care of (backwashing will decrease the life expectancy because it stretches the cloth on the grid), a cartridge is only expected to last 3-5 years. Replacement cartridges also cost about double what a new set of grids would.
- APPLICATIONS: In-ground Pools, In-ground Pool/Spa combinations, In ground Spas (residential or commercial)
- High capacity, rapid release Manual Air relief Valve bleeds air with a quick quarter turn of the Lever
- Filter tanks made from extra durable reinforced thermoplastic glass to meet the demands of the toughest applications and environmental conditions, including in-floor cleaning systems
- Self-aligned tank top and bottom make access to serving the Quad-Cluster cartridge elements fast and simple
- Heavy-duty, tamper-proof, 1-piece clamp securely fastens tank top and bottom
- Clamp allows quick access to all internal components without disturbing piping or connections
- Non-corrosive top closure plate prevents elements from lifting and allowing unfiltered water to by-pass into pool/spa during operation
- Quad-Cluster of high-quality polyester cartridge elements provide 525 square feet of filter area for extra dirt-holding capacity and long filter cycles
- 2" full-flow internal piping and plumbing for less resistance to flow and maximum performance
- PVC union coupling connection accepts 1 1/2" or 2" piping for plumbing versatility
- Full size 1 1/2" integral drain allows for fast, 100% clean-out and easier flushing of Tank
- -Pipe Size: 1-1/2" or 2" FIP
- Performance Data
- Effective Filtration Area: 525 ft.2
- Design Flow Rate: 150 GPM
- Turnover Capacity (In Gallons): 8 Hours
- 72,000 / 10 Hours
- 1 year limited warranty through manufacturer.
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
Do I need the Multiport Valve for Hayward C5030 if yes how muchby Tony S. on 02-06-2013
Multiport valve is sold separately. There are three options for backwash valves available. The best selling valve is the 2" SKT Slide valve (SP0410X502S) due to its simplicity and durability.on 04-02-2013Please login or register before adding a question.