- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Hayward EC65A Perflex Extended-Cycle D.E. Filter, 27 Sq. Ft.
Get 10% Cashback in Westside Dollars
Perflex Extended Cycle D.E. filters clean pools fast, removing particles as small as 2 microns the first time through. Its patented Flex-Tube design gives longer cycles between cleaning because the same D.E. filter powder is used over and over. Plus, Perflex cleans without backwashing, saving hundreds of gallons of treated pool water. An exceptional value as a replacement filter or for new pool installations. For sparkling, clean pools, step up to the Perflex.How A Vertical Grid D.E. Filter WorksUniform Low Profile Tank Base make removal of grid nest fast and simple. High-Strength Filter Tank molded of reinforced thermoplastic provides extra durability for dependable, corrosion-free performance. Glass-filled polymer Bulkhead Fittings for extra strength and heat resistance. High Impact Grid Elements designed for up-flow filtration and top-down backwashing for maximum efficiency. Heavy-Duty Tamper-Proof Bolted Center Flange Clamp securely fastens tank top and bottom together. Allows quick access to all internal components without disturbing piping or connections. Union Locknuts make disassemble and reassemble of filter from piping fast and easy. Inlet Diffuser Elbow distributes flow of incoming unfiltered water upward and evenly to all filter elements. Parabolic tank design provides for even distribution of D.E. to grids. Full-Size 1.5" Integral Drain provides fast, 100% clean out and easier flushing of tank. Convenient Valve and Plumbing Options allow for customized control. 2" internal piping and plumbing for maximum flow performance.See below to read the differences between D.E. and Cartridge filters.D.E. vs Cartridge Filters: DE is always a much better filter; it will filter about 10 times finer particles than cartridge will. Cartridge filters need to be cleaned every few months, whereas DE filters can usually go amonth or two longer for similar sized filters. Backwashing is not recommended, but you want to you can. If a DE filter is properly sized (48 or 60 sq ft for most residential pools) they willusually only need to be cleaned 2 times a year. Without the help of cellulose, a cartridge filter will have a very difficult time filtering out algae (should the pool get it which all pools do),when you add one of these products it's basically like putting DE in a cartridge filter. Your other option is to add a flocculent, which will clump the particles so they are bigger and thecartridge will filter them out, with a flocculent you are making the particle bigger and with cellulose you are adding an additive to allow the filter to filter out finer particles.The only advantages to cartridge are that they are slightly more customer friendly and slightly easier to clean, mostly because you don't have to add DE when you are done cleaning it. The assembly (putting the filter back together) is also a little bit easier. This should not influence anyone's decision as to which one is better, and should be purchased. A lot of builders use cartridge filters because many cities require them, or they don't allow DE on new construction. The reason for that is that DE is not good for the environment. Almost 100% of the filters purchased by the service trade are DE, because they work MUCH better. Also, the life expectancy of a grid (DE) is about 10 years if they are taken care of (backwashing will decrease the life expectancy because it stretches the cloth on the grid), a cartridge is only expected to last 3-5 years. Replacement cartridges also cost about double what a new set of grids would.
- APPLICATIONS: In ground pools of ALL types and sizes
- Exclusive Bump Handle activates the mechanism causing the Flex-Tubes to instantly and uniformly clean themselves of dirt and filter powder
- Self-Venting design automatically expels any air that may be present in the System
- Proven, Patented Flex-Tube Filter elements efficiently reuse the Filter powder and dirt mixture forming a fresh filtering surface
- Combination Pressure Gauge and threaded inspection/service Port is easy to read and remove when Filter needs cleaning
- Heavy-duty Filter Tank Injection-Molded of high-strength for dependable, corrosion-free performance
- Integral Check Valve prevents system backflow whenever Pump is off
- D.E. Required: 6 lbs.
- Pressure Guage Inspection Port: 1-1/2" x FIP
- Drain Valve: 1-1/2"
- Performance Data
- Effective Filtration Area: 27 ft.2
- Design Flow Rate: 54 GPM (Based on 2 GPM/ft.2, Max. allowable NSF rating)
- Turnover Capacity (In Gallons): 8 Hours
- 25,920 / 10 Hours
- 1 year limited warranty through manufacturer.
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
- Please login or register before adding a question.