- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Hayward S180T93S Pro-Series Top-Mount Sand Filter System w/ 1.5 HP Pump - 35 GPM, 1.75 Sq. Ft.
Earn 27 Westside Dollars for every 1 piece purchased.
Pro Series sand systems are designed and equipped to offer the ideal combination of energy efficiency and outstanding water clarity. The high performance Filters are completely corrosion-proof and blend superior flow characteristics and features with the simplest operation. For multiple applications, the Pro Series represents the very latest in sand filter technology and will provide clear, sparkling water for years to come. A broad selection of filter sizes, pumps, and accessories allows you to choose and merchandise the system(s) that best suit your above-ground pool program.How A Sand Filter WorksSand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common, when in the filtration mode, water always flows from the top to the bottom and they all have some sort of lateral or underdrain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean, filtered water to pass through. High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of "depth" filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. Initially, a clean sand bed removes larger particles, and then, as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by backwashing which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the "waste" line. Sand Filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.INCLUDES: 18" Polymeric Tank, 7 Position Filter Control Valve, 1 1/2 HP Power Flo Matrix Pump, One Piece Deluxe Base, 1 1/2" Hose PackageBasic Pool & Spa Combination Plumbing Diagram
- 1-1/2 Horse Power
- 150 Pounds of Sand REQUIRED
- APPLICATIONS: Above Ground / On Ground, Small In-Ground, Aquarium (salt or fresh water) Pools & Ponds
- Flange Clamp design allows 360 degree rotation for easy Installation
- Integral top diffuser ensures even distribution of Water over the entire Sand Bed for maximum use of the Filtration area
- Durable, corrosion-proof Filter Tank molded of colorfast material for long-lasting, all-weather performance
- 7-Position Hayward PermaGlass XL Vari-Flo Valve provides maximum flow at lower pressure drop
- Large pressure Sand/Water Drain for rapid winterizing or servicing
- Precision engineered Umbrella-fold self cleaning laterals for balanced flow and backwashing, plus easy serviceability
- Pumps and Filters are performance-matched to provide maximum flow and energy efficiency
- Filter Bases are molded of rugged ABS for long lasting, all-weather performance
- Systems are designed for quick assembly and precise alignment of components
- Use only High Rate Sand, No. 1/2 Silica Sand (0.45mm
- Optional Microprocessor Pump Timer available, Model # SP1592FT (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- Filter Control Valve: SP0714T-150-1.5
- Horse Power: 1-1/2 HP
- Sand Required: 150 lbs.
- Performance Data
- Effective Filtration Area: 1.75 ft.2
- Design Flow Rate: 35 GPM
- Turnover Capacity (In Gallons): 8 Hours: 16,800 / 10 Hours: 21,000
- System Components
- Power-Flo Matrix Pump
- 1-1/2" Hose packages include: two (2) 1-1/2" x 6' lengths of Hose, Hose Adapters and Hose Clamps
- Deluxe 1 piece base accepts automatic Chlorine Feeders (CL110ABG/CL220ABG)
- Limited 1 year warranty through the manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
- Please login or register before adding a question.