Hayward S210T Pro-Series Top-Mount Sand Filter w/ Multiport-Valve - 44 GPM, 2.2 Sq. Ft.
Ask a Question
About this Product
Pro Series Sand Filters are high performance, completely corrosion-proof filters that blend superior flow characteristics and features with a simple operation. For multiple applications, the Pro Series represents the very latest in sand filter technology and will provide clear, sparkling water for years to come.|
How A Sand Filter Works
Sand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common, when in the filtration mode, water always flows from the top to the bottom and they all have some sort of lateral or underdrain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean, filtered water to pass through. High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of "depth" filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. Initially, a clean sand bed removes larger particles, and then, as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by backwashing which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the "waste" line. Sand Filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.
Basic Pool & Spa Combination Plumbing Diagram
Features:• 200 Pounds of Sand REQUIRED|
• APPLICATIONS: Above Ground / On Ground, Small In Ground, Aquarium (salt or fresh water) Pools & Ponds
• Flange Clamp design allows 360 degree rotation for easy Installation
• Integral top diffuser ensures even distribution of Water over the entire Sand Bed for maximum use of the Filtration area
• Durable, corrosion-proof Filter Tank molded of colorfast material for long-lasting, all-weather performance
• 7-Position Hayward PermaGlass XL Vari-Flo Valve provides maximum flow at lower pressure drop
• Large pressure Sand/Water Drain for rapid winterizing or servicing
• Precision engineered Umbrella-fold self cleaning laterals for balanced flow and backwashing, plus easy serviceability
Specifications:• Filter Control Valve: SP0714T|
• Sand Required: 200 lbs.
• Performance Data
• Effective Filtration Area: 2.2 ft.2
• Design Flow Rate: 44 GPM (Based on 20 GPM/ft.2, Max. allowable NSF rating)
• Turnover Capacity (In Gallons): 8 Hours: 21,120 / 10 Hours: 26,400
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: