- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Hayward S310S Pro-Series Side-Mount Sand Filter - 98 GPM, 4.91 Sq. Ft.
Earn 50 Westside Dollars for every 1 piece purchased.
Pro Series high-rate sand filters are the very latest in pool filter technology. Molded of durable, corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic, Pro Series filters feature an advanced, self-cleaning 360-degree slotted lateral under drain system for smooth, efficient flow and totally balanced backwashing. Their integral top diffuser ensures even distribution of water over the top of sand media bed with full size internal piping for smooth, free-flowing performance. So for crystal clear water with only minimal care, pool professionals choose Pro Series.How A Sand Filter WorksSand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common, when in the filtration mode, water always flows from the top to the bottom and they all have some sort of lateral or underdrain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean, filtered water to pass through. High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of "depth" filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. Initially, a clean sand bed removes larger particles, and then, as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by backwashing which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the "waste" line. Sand Filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.
- Uses 500 Pounds of Sand Filtering Media (Required, Sold Separately)
- APPLICATIONS: In Ground Pools of all types and sizes, In Ground Spas (residential or commercial), Water features (fish ponds, fountains, water gardens)
- Top diffuser ensures even distribution of Water over the top of the Sand Media Bed
- All Internal Piping is 2" to give smooth, free-flowing performance
- Manual air relief purges any trapped air during operation of the Filter System
- Unitized, corrosion-proof Filter Tank molded of rugged, colorfast reinforced Thermoplastic for dependable, all-weather performance
- Integral sight Glass lets you see when Backwash Cycle is completed
- Precision engineered Umbrella-fold self cleaning laterals for balanced flow and backwashing, plus easy serviceability
- Large pressure Sand/Water Drain for rapid winterizing or servicing
- Control Valve: Not Included
- Sand Required: 500 lbs. (Sold Separately)
- Performance Data
- Effective Filtration Area: 4.91 ft.2
- Design Flow Rate: 98 GPM (Based on 20 GPM/ft.2, Max. allowable NSF rating)
- Turnover Capacity (In Gallons): 8 Hours: 47,040 / 10 Hours: 58,800
- 1 year limited warranty through the manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
Hello, Where and when would this product ship from?by Richard L. on 02-04-2013
Hayward Is Located In California and will ship directly from them.on 04-02-2013Please login or register before adding a question.