- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
How to Install a Dual Flush Toilet
See our steps below on how to your dual flush toilet.
- Remove the old toilet and both closet bolts; use a putty knife to scrape the old wax seal from the closet flange (toilet drain pipe).
- Inset the two new closet bolts into the slots in the closet flange.
- Place the plastic mounting flange over the closet flange.
- Lay the paper template that comes with the toilet over the mounting flange and mark the screw-hole locations for both mounting blocks.
- Drill through a tile floor using a carbide-tipped masonry drill bit.
- Switch to a twist-drill bit and bore screw-pilot holes into the wood subfloor.
- Screw the two mounting blocks to the floor.
- Press a wax seal onto the plastic mounting flange, then set it on top of the closet flange; add washers, hex nuts, and then tighten with an open-end wrench.
- Set the new toilet into place, making sure it fits over both mounting blocks.
- Screw through the toilet base and into the mounting blocks to secure the toilet; conceal the screw heads with the chrome caps provided.
- Remove the flush valve from inside the toilet tank.
- Connect the flexible water-supply line to the underside of the tank.
- Carefully set the tank onto the bowl and tighten the two bolts.
- Install the flush valve inside the tank and connect the refill tube.
- Connect the water-supply line to the shut-off valve, then open the valve to fill the toilet tank.
- Flush the tank a few times and check for leaks.
View all our Dual Flush Toilets.