How to Install a Shower Head
Looking to spruce up your shower? Installing a new shower head is a sure way to make a big difference. Shower heads have evolved in recent years to give you the most bang for your buck. Delta makes a chrome shower head that has Touch-clean technology for easy and quick cleaning as well as a temperature control with 120 maximum rotation. This Do-it-Yourself project is fast, easy and will maximize your showering comfort level.
Tools: Items you will need to complete the project
- new shower head
- strap wrench, pliers, or wrench
- PTFE sealing tape
Follow these simple steps to install a brand new shower head-
Remove old shower head with wrench by turning counter clockwise
Remove old sealing tape residue but scrubbing with an old toothbrush or sliding a paperclip into the grooves
- Apply new PTFE tape to shower are threads
- Wrap in a clockwise direction about 3 to 4 times and gently press into grooves
Take new shower head out of packaging and check to see if your model comes with a rubber washer. If yours comes with a washer, install it before putting the shower head on
- Screw your new shower head onto the shower arm. Do this slowly to ensure you are lining up the grooves correctly Use a strap wrench or if using a regular wrench, place a rag between the shower head and the wrench to avoid scratching the finish.
- Tighten nut but be careful not to over tighten as this will damage the threads and possibly result in cracking the shower head
- Turn water on and check for leaks
That's all there is to it! You can view our wide selection of different shower head models here.