How to Install a Thermostat
Tired of never getting the perfect temperature in your home? Wasting money heating or cooling your home when you are away? Installing a programmable thermostat will not only give your wallet a break but will ease your mind. Set it to keep a certain temperature or turn on and off at times you have selected and preset. Installing is easy and quick.
Tools you will need for the job:
- programmable thermostat
Preparation: Read the instruction that came with your unit before attempting to install.
- Turn off power to thermostat
- Remove the old thermostat and wall plate. Use caution as most old thermostats used mercury.
- Notice and label the wire in your system by looking at how the old wires were connected. Do not let them fall back into the wall. Don't worry about the color of the wires.
- Install your new wall plate. You may need to drill holes to anchor it. Use a level to ensure that its straight.
- Connect your new thermostats wires to the wires you labeled. Connect these wires via the instructions that came with your unit.
- Mount unit to the wall plate.
- Return power to unit and program as desired.
At Westside Wholesale we carry a large selection of thermostats, from such well known manufacturers as Lux, Aprilaire, Broan and Ecobee. Our Selection includes Smart Temp, 7 Day Programming, touch-screen communicating and much more. To view our entire selection click here.