InSinkErator Badger 5 Insinkerator 1/2 HP Badger 5 Household Food Waste Garbage Disposal
Ask a Question
About this Product
The Insinkerator 1/2 HP Badger 5 Household Food Waste Disposer provides a functional and reliable choice in terms of affordability, while providing a quality performance and space saving design for your kitchen. With an InSinkErator 1/2HP food waste disposer virtually anything can be disposed: from chicken bones, fruit rinds, coffee grounds and more can go right in the sink where they're virtually liquefied to safely flow into your sewage system or septic tank. What's even better about the Insinkerator line than most is with its "We Come To You In-Home Service" warranty, meaning authorized service agents will handle your service problems at your convenience in your home while under warranty. (Check warranty information for more details)
InSinkErator may make improvements and/or changes in the specifications at any time, in its sole discretion, without notice or obligation and further reserves the right to change or discontinue models
Power Cord Sold Separately.
• 1/2 Horsepower Heavy Duty Motor (Quiet Dura-Drive Induction Motor)
• Rugged Galvanized Steel Construction (For Disposer Durability)
• Space-Saving Compact Design
• Type of Feed: Continuous
• On/Off Control: Wall Switch
• Motor: Single Phase
• HP: 1/2
• Volts: 120
• HZ: 60
• RPM: 1725
• Amp. (Avg. Load): 6.9
• Time Rating: Intermittent
• Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
• Shipping Weight (Approx.): 14 lbs. 11 oz.
• Unit Finish: Waterborne Grey Enamel
• Overall Height: 12-5/8"
• Grind Chamber Capacity: 26 oz.
• Motor Protection: Manual reset Overload
• Average Water Usage: Approx. 1 Gallon Per Person Per Day
• Average Electrical Usage: 3-4 KWH Per Year
• Drain Connection: 1-1/2" Cushioned Slip Joint
• Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes
Good product for a reasonable price
We replaced our 10-year old disposer with the Badger 5. It was easy to install and works just fine. I don't know if there could be anything better on the more expensive ones. One thing to notice is that it does not come with a wired-in power cord. So you have to get a cord with a plug and connect it to the unit (I used the one from the old disposer). It is easy to do; just like wiring a light fixture in.
on 01-27-2011 by Maryanne
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: