- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Intermatic IG2TM Two Line Indoor Phone Surge Suppressor
Earn 6 Westside Dollars for every 1 piece purchased.
The Intermatic Telephone Line Surge Protection Devices are designed for low voltage metallic phone and data lines. The Protection Devices will protect equipment from the damaging effects of transient surges. Protection is also provided from unwanted current, also called sneak current due to power line problems or accidents. The components in the IG-T series have been carefully selected to minimize interference with the signal. The protection component is a three-element gas tube which guarantees continued balance between the Tip and Ring lines at all times. Accidental or sneak current is minimized by the use of a Positive Temperature Coefficient Resistor (PTCR) which is also called a Thermistor. The PTCR, often referred to as a resettable fuse, will reset and allow normal phone line operation once the abnormal current situation has been corrected.
- Telephone, Modem, DSL Internet
- Designed for Telephone Line Protection
- Very low impedance for high speed lines
- Balanced protection architecture
- Automatic resetting current protector
- Terminal block wiring connections
- UL497A Listed
- 5 year warranty & $10,000 Connected equipment warranty through the manufacturer
- Made in USA
- Location: Indoor, NEMA 1
- Lines: Up to 2
- Protection Modes
- Common Mode: Tip to Ground, Ring to Ground
- Transverse Mode: 350 VDC Impulse Breakdown 625 V
- Longitudinal Balance: TIA/EIA-IS-968
- Off-hook from 200 Hz to 4kHz: > 40 dB
- On-hook from 200 Hz to 1 kHz: > 60 dB
- On-hook from 1 kHz to 4 kHz: > 40 dB
- Insertion Loss: 100 Hz to 100 MHz: < 0.5 dB
- Voltage Compatibility: TIA/EIA-IS-968 ring voltage of 40
- 150 VAC
- 15 to 68 Hz: functional pass
- Limited five year through the manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
I have 2 phone lines, 1 is phone only, 1 is Phone and DSL. My incoming phone lines are connected directly to a box which splits the DSL and the box then outputs 2 phone pairs and 1 DSL pair. Can the Intermatic IG2TM be connected directly to the incoming phone lines, ie before the splitter box? Is this correct application for surge protection for home installation?by Jim on 08-04-2012
Since this box is designed to connect directly to your telephone line, that may be the correct configuration for what you are desiring. Depending on the existing boxes, you may want to try before or after the box to see if there is any different in signal. If connected before your boxes, make sure it does not effect the signals. If it does, you may want to connect it after the boxes.
For more detailed information and to speak to an Intermatic Surge Protector specialist, call 815-675-2321on 08-06-2012Please login or register before adding a question.