Kichler Light Bulbs
Kichler is a famous US firm, providing clients with outdoor and indoor lamps, home accessories and various light fixtures. The corporation has been working since 1938 offering goods of an excellent quality and admirable service. The original style and unique design is certain to impress consumers.
Types of Kichler Light Bulbs
The succeeding types of light bulbs by Kichler are presented:
- Compact Fluorescent: Cost-effective, reducing the energy usage up to 70%. These bulbs are easy to operate with. They also save customers’ cash. The most appropriate locations for compact fluorescents are dining and living rooms, kitchens. It is also recommended to apply the item in the porches. The durability is about 10,000 hours. Unfortunately, they are not dimmable. The color is white or frosted. GU10 and GU24 bases are presented.
- Halogen: Burning intensely without any harm. Small economical items give a white light providing fine color rendering. Try to avoid touching the glass with bare fingers. Halogen bulbs are assigned for indoor spaces. Clients may buy clear or frosted lamps. Pay attention to the special feature (usage with dimmers). There are next types of bulb bases: G9, GU10, GU24, Bi-Pin, Bayonet and Mini-Can.
- Krypton: Providing a larger lumen output at a smaller wattage. The average long life is 3000 hours. The customers may apply these bulbs to standard dimmers. The combination of krypton and xenon used in lamps extends the durability in comparison with simple halogen lamps. It is rather easy to hold a bulb because of colder walls but having the same temperature of color. The process of glass blackening is reduced and a high lumen output is maintained. Use krypton bulbs for indoor devices. Clear and frosted variants are offered. There are Candelabra and T3 types of the base.
- Xenon: Approbated by UL and CSA. The average duration time is 10,000 or 19,000 hours. These bulbs suit outdoor fixtures perfectly. A subtle glow adds some unforgettable spirit to customers’ night landscapes. Clear glass is presented. The bases are Bin-Pin and Wedge.
Kichler lighting devices impress with a high-rate quality and energy-saving ability. It is rather simple to create luxurious atmosphere inside the house with the help of Kichler products. Different design solutions are offered for expressing individuality. Enjoy Kichler light bulbs, lighten a dark home space.
Kichler Light Bulb, 60W G9 Halogen - Frosted
Kichler Light Bulb, 18W Replacement Wedge Xenon - Clear
Kichler Light Bulb, 20W Krypton - Clear
Kichler Light Bulb, 20W T3 Krypton - Frosted
Kichler Light Bulb, 50W GU10C Halogen - Frosted
Kichler Light Bulb, 20W T3 Krypton - Clear
Kichler Light Bulb, 60W T3 Krypton - Frosted
Kichler Light Bulb, 75W Mini-Can Halogen - Clear
Kichler Light Bulb, 50W T3 or T4 Halogen - Clear
Kichler Light Bulb, 50W 240V GU24 - Frosted
Kichler Light Bulb, 100W T3/T4 Mini Can Base Tungsten Halogen
Kichler Light Bulb, 75W E11 Mini-Can Halogen - Clear
How to Select
How to select Light Bulbs
Light bulbs are the most essential parts of any lighting fixture that is why you need to pay additional attention when selecting them. The following guide will help you make the best choice among hundreds of options that exist today.
The first choice that you need to make is the lighting technology used for light bulb creation. Here are the most common types that exist today:
- Fluorescent bulbs. Such type efficient and long-lasting and is traditionally used with residential and commercial ceiling fixtures.
- CFL bulbs. This is the type of compact fluorescent lamps that use a mixture of gases to illuminate the area. Such bulbs are able to retain their heat and thus light when heated, this is why they provide more light while using the same amount of energy.
- Incandescent Bulbs. Incandescent bulbs are the oldest and least efficient type of light bulb that is still commonly used because of its low and affordable price. Such light bulbs spend 30-40% more energy than fluorescent and in addition to that have a shorter life.
- LED bulbs. Are the most efficient, reliable and long-lasting bulbs that exist today. The LED technology emits light while electrical charge passes through the bulb. The scope of LED bulbs is wider than you think; they are used in most of the residential, commercial and even industrial light fixtures.
- Halogen bulbs. This type of bulb is the closest you will ever get to sun light. It offers a natural colored light that is very similar the one produced by sun. Such light bulbs are mostly used for decoration purposes.
After the type of your future light bulb is specified, you need to consider its shape. The shapes that are present at today’s market include a-line, spiral, globe, candle, tube, bullet and other. Each shape has benefits and fits particular light fixtures and installations.
Bulb base should also be considered before you buy the item. The best way to know if the base is compatible with the lamp or the fixture is to look for specifications of such device and compare them with the bulb’s description.
Wattage and color temperature of a light bulb should also be considered. Knowing the wattage of each bulb installed in each fixture will help you plan your budget and, surprisingly enough spend less money and energy. Color temperature or the light’s color only depends on your personal preferences. It is possible to find bulbs of every type with warm or cool colors; you only need to look for such information in the light’s description.