Kidde Smoke Detector, 120V Hardwired Ionization w/Hush Button & Front Load 9V Battery Backup (21007581)
Ask a Question
About this Product
About the Kidde i4618 Firex Ionization Smoke Alarm with LED Indicator
The Kidde i4618 Firex smoke alarm is chock full of features and protections. The ionization 120V AC alarm with a backup battery is compatible for use with both single and multiple stations, with the 15-minute False Alarm Control element that will silence an alarm, if needed.
This product also includes a front-loading door for the battery, a test switch, a dual-purpose LED indicator and an 85-decibel horn. A constant green on the LED indicator allows the user to know if there is AC power available for use, with flashing red that displays the alarm and battery status. And, due to its innovative PowerLink tab, the Kidde i4618 is shipped to customers with the battery installed and ready to go. This tab prevents drainage of the 9V battery until installation is complete.
This product is UL listed and comes with a five-year manufacturer's warranty.
This smoke alarm unit comes in standard bulk packaging, and is not enclosed in retail box packaging.
Features:• Latching LED: A red LED flashes until reset for quick, clear identification of the initiating smoke alarm in an interconnected system
• Visible Low Battery Indicator: Helps locate chirping unit
• Front loading battery door: Makes battery changing simple
• PowerLink Tab: Makes installation faster and easier
• False Alarm Control: Quiets unwanted alarms for up to 15 minutes
• Interconnects with other Firex smoke alarms and heat alarms
• Compatible with other contractor preferred Firex products
• Factory sealed housing: Prevents tampering and provides outstanding durability
• Attractive low profile design: Our contemporary StyleLine design is a favorite among consumers
Specifications:• Part Number: 21007584
• Operating Temperature: 40°C to 100°F
• Interconnect Quantity: Up to 18 Firex devices max:
• Firex smoke alarm items 5000 (model FADC), 4418 (model AD), 4518 (model ADC), 4480 (model PAD), Firex heat alarm item 5700 (model ADH) (up to 6 heat alarms max.)
• Electrical Rating: 120V AC, 60Hz, 50mA max, 9 volt Battery Back-up
• Alarm Point obs. 1.35 +/- 0.7%ft.
• Horn Output: 85 decibels at 10 feet
• Listing: U.L. 217
• Detection Type: Dual ionization chamber
• Humidity Range: 10% - 93% relative humidity
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
Show per page:
I need a replacement for the FireX model FADC. Is the Kidde i4618 smoke detector the replacement?
Per Kidde, the i4618 is a direct replacement for the FireX FADC.
What is the replacement smoke detector for the FireX 120-1056C?
The replacement for FireX 120-1056C is the Kidde i4618 smoke detector.
I am a bit confused. It seems Kidde makes many detectors that will replace my FireX adc unit. May I assume that they will all work, but the differance will be battery location, warrenty, size etc?
This is correct. There are several types of sensors depending on the installation location, th type of sensing, and each one's benefits.
This guide will give you better details before ordering:
Click here to view the Guide
Are there units I can buy to replace Firex model G-18 without having to replace the wiring and bracket too?
No, there are no compatible replacements to Firex items that will not require a new bracket / wiring harness
All of our Smoke Detectors are firex 120-1072B, is this the replacement and how will it wire? Jim
Yes, this is the replacement for your old smoke detectors. They will come with a wiring harness adapter and new mount bracket. Simply remove the old unit and mounting bracket, install the new mounting bracket, and attached the wiring harness to your previous connection.
I have a kidde model #1235 what is the replacement for this model
The Kidde i12020 is the direct replacement for the 1235.
Click here to view the Kidde i12020
Need to replace Kidde model 120-1182/120-1095D. What is the proper Kidde replacement product?
The proper replacement model is the Kidde i4618 (click here to view)
Need to replace Firex 1218 multiple station smoke detectors (12) please advise if kidde i4618 is proper replacement. also found firex 4615 but it does not seem to be available (noted as out of stock most places). thanks for your help. bob w
The replacement model for the Firex 1218 is the Kidde i12060 (click here to view). According to Kidde, upon receiving the i12060, you will need to replace the mounting bracket and wiring harness with the new one supplied with the i12060.
If you are a new customer, please register first: