Kidde KN-COB-B Battery Powered Carbon Monoxide Alarm
This item is no longer availableFor your convenience, we recommend:
Kidde KN-COB-B-LPMView this item
The Kidde carbon monoxide (CO) alarm (KN-COB-B) is a refined mechanism to carefully ensure precise detection of carbon monoxide accumulation in your home. For years, Kidde has been manufacturing carbon monoxide alarms/detectors, using Kidde’s patented Nighthawk electrochemical sensing technology. Nighthawk’s ability to detect carbon monoxide and smoke in the home is unparalleled in its field and is why Kidde is in need in every room of your home.
The Kidde KN-COB-B battery operated carbon monoxide alarm delivers consistent protection against the hazards of carbon monoxide. This unit is both easy to install and to operate. The battery operated CO alarm provides constant monitoring of Carbon monoxide levels, even during power outages.
Carbon monoxide is the foremost source of poisoning deaths in America. Since carbon monoxide is invisible, odorless, and colorless; early detection is crucial for preventing lethal accidents from occurring. When carbon monoxide accumulates in the blood stream, it begins to disrupt the body’s ability to stock itself with oxygen. At a high enough level, carbon monoxide can prove deadly.
The most common way carbon monoxide leaks into homes is the malfunction of a gas appliance used in the kitchen. Other leaks that commonly occur are cars in a nearby garage, fuel burning heaters, and gas burning fireplaces.
The Kidde KN-COB-B has a 7-year life and comes with a 5 year limited warranty through the manufacturer.
• Battery Lockout System Deters covering battery compartment without installation of batteries
• Snap Open Cover Gives immediate access to batteries
• Test/Reset Button Tests the unit for proper operation, resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
• Green LED Flashes every 30 seconds to indicate the unit is operating properly. The green LED will also flashed before a CO reading is taken and when any button is pressed
• When a dangerous level of carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will pulse and a loud alarm pattern will sound. The carbon monoxide alarm pattern is 4 short beeps, followed by 5 seconds of silence, followed by 4 short beeps with a corresponding red LED flash. This cycle will continue for 4 minutes and then change to 1 cycle every minute until the device is reset or the CO is eliminated
• Power Source: 3 AA Batteries
• Sensor: Electrochemical
• Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
• Temperature Range: 40°F (4.4°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
• Humidity Range: 5%-95% relative humidity (RH)
• Dimensions: 5.25" diameter x 1.0625" depth
• Wiring: None
• Interconnects: No
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first:
You may also be interested in the following products: