- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Kidde KN-COSM-BA Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector, Battery Powered Talking (900-0102A)
About the Kidde KN-COSM-BA Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector, Battery Powered Talking (900-0102A)
Housing a carbon monoxide sensor as well as a smoke alarm, the Kidde KN-COSM-BA combination smoke and CO alarm is a top-grade, high-quality solution to the detection of two hazardous toxins in just one unit. The voice alert system in the Kidde KN-COSM-BA makes protecting yourself from carbon monoxide and fire easy to understand, with a variety of simple verbal commands. This unit also lets you know if your battery is in need of replacement. Built-in LED warnings also display your alarm warning visually, for the hearing impaired.
The Kidde KN-COSM-BA is built and programmed to the highest standard of protection and complies with authorities such as the FHA, HUD, MFPA and CSFM. Other safety features, such as the battery installation safeguard, ensure that the device performs at optimal efficiency at all times. The Kidde KN-COSM-BA also comes with a test button equipped for users to check the status of their devices.
This device is UL approved and comes direct with a 10-year life and a 10-year limited guarantee. Easy out-of-the-box installation makes the Kidde KN-COSM-BA optimal for any living quarters. This is an ionization sensing alarms which may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Best of all, its dual sensory ability gives owners the option to replace separate smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors with a single unit.
This smoke alarm unit comes in standard bulk packaging, and is not enclosed in retail box packaging.
- Voice Alarm – Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected.
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Test/Reset Button – Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement.
- LEDs – Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition.
- Low Battery Warning – The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED.
- Battery Powered – Provides protection even during power outageswhen many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur.
- Battery Safeguard – The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed.
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance
- Ionization Smoke Alarm Sensor
- Replaces: Kidde KN-COSM-B
- Part Number: 900-0102A
- Model: KN-COSM-B
- Power Source: 2 AA Battery
- Sensors: Smoke: Ionization, CO: Electrochemical
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40°F (4.4°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
- Humidity Range: 10%-95% relative humidity non-condensing
- Interconnects: No
10 year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Customer Reviews
There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
We are replacing our old smoke detectors and they are hard wired does that mean we have to buy hard wired detectors or can we just go with a battery detector?by Thomas M. on 02-22-2015
You can choose which ever you would like. You can disconnect your old detectors and run solely on battery operated if you would like.on 02-23-2015
After putting a new battery in this Kidde fire alarm continues to say low battery. Why is this?by Luis B. on 12-27-2014
That normally happens when the unit is old, these only have a life span of about 7 years before they need to be replaced with new units. If it has been under that time frame, we recommend contacting the manufacturer directly as the units would still be under warranty.on 12-30-2014Please login or register before adding a question.