Kidde Smoke Detector, 9V Battery Powered Wireless Interconnectable w/Ionization (0919-9999)
Ask a Question
About this Product
About the Kidde RF-SM-DC Wireless Interconnectable Ionization Smoke Alarm
The Kidde RF-SM-DC is the most reliable solution for protecting your home against fire without the hassle of installing messy wiring or circuits. Utilizing an ionization sensor to detect even trace amounts of smoke, this alarm operates with other wireless sensors in the area to keep you safe, even when you’re in a different area of your house. The wireless technology within the Kidde RF-SM-DC also makes installation a breeze.
Sporting an 85-decibel alarm system, the Kidde RF-SM-DC packs enough force to wake most sleeping adults when placed near a bedroom. A smart touch button also silences the alarm instantly in the event of a nuisance alarm.
The Kidde RF-SM-DC operates on three AA batteries for up to a year before replacements are needed. A soft chirp from the device will notify owners that the batteries have become depleted, giving them up to 12 hours to be replaced. This unit comes easy to install right out of the box: simply mount to a ceiling or wall.
Features:• Wireless Technology: when one alarm sounds, all units sound
• Battery Powered: 3 AA (Included) will power unit for up to a year
• 85 Decibel Alarm: alerts residents to deadly smoke and fire; loud enough to wake most sleeping adults when placed in bedrooms and outside of sleeping areas
• Smart Touch Button: one touch quickly and temporarily silences nuisance alarms activated by any alarm in the system; will hush a low battery chirp for up to 12 hours; will test the operation of the alarm and interconnected system
• Easy to install: simply mounts to ceiling or wall, no wiring needed
Specifications:• Color: White
• Part Number: 0919-9999
• Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
• Temperature Range: 40F (4.4C) to 100F (37.8C)
• Humidity Range: up to 85% relative humidity (RH)
• Sensor: Ionization
• Wiring: None
• Dimensions: 5.75" in diameter x 1.25" depth
• Interconnects: Up to 24 devices ( of which 18 can be initiating)
These units have been running in my home for a couple of years now...once in a while I change the batteries...no big deal. We test them regularly (in the kitchen). When one goes off they all go off...quite a racket, but would be very effective for a real fire. I often wish for a photo-electric sensor for the kitchen though.
on 10-08-2010 by MVO
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
I want to replace my FIREX 4518 Smoke detectors (discontinued) with battery-operated only detectors. I need to be sure the replacement recommendation(s) will mount to the bracket that the FIREX attaches to. Can you make recommendations?
All smoke detectors should be installed with the New equipment provided in the manufactures packaging .
If you are a new customer, please register first: