Lutron Dimmer Switch, 300W In-Line Attache Lamp Dimmer - Brown
Bundle Items & SAVE!
Lutron Dimmer Switch, 300W Plug-in Credenza Lamp Dimmer - Brown
Bundle Items & SAVE!
How to Select
How to shop for Lamp Dimmers?
It’s a known factor that lighting plays an essential role in any interior so if you put much into creating a significant lighting design in your house, it will pay off. Daylight is a valued feature, especially when it comes to the design of the interior. The variety of additional electrical light placements carries a great importance so let’s start with the basic understanding of a lamp dimmer.
What is a Lamp Dimmer?
- A dimmer is an electric device that helps users change the brightness of a light. It uses the process of increasing or decreasing the RMS voltage of a given lighting device and it changes the power level that is submitted to the lamp. As a result, a lamp dimmer can change the intensity of the output of the lighting.
- Devices with variable-voltage capabilities are used for different purposes. Regular lamp dimmers are made to have a control over lighting produced by incandescent, compact fluorescent and light-emitting diodes. A fluorescent, solid state, arc and mercury vapor lighting requires specialized dimming equipment. The manufacturers offer dimmers of various sizes and power capacities.
Energy Saving Features
- You can save money by using a lamp dimmer switch on a 3-way lamp. Simply reduce the lighting brightness and benefit from the lowered amount energy that is used. At the same time, if you are willing to invest into using CFL bulbs at your house, they will cost more than a standard 3-way lamp bulb.
- As compact fluorescent lamps are found to be highly energy-efficient devices, the use of CFL at your house will decrease dramatically the amount of energy that is needed. Keep in mind, you are not limited to using expensive CFL bulbs. Lighting market offers a great variety of options how you can maximize your savings in the long run.
- As you may already know, a standard 3-way lamp uses a large amount of electricity. If you install a lamp dimmer, instead of three distinctive light intervals you will be able adjust the lighting according to your needs.
Benefit of Customized Lighting
- A dimmer switch allows to use the same light source or lamp, but it lets you choose from task lighting, ambient lighting and medium lighting at the same time. The ambient lighting effect lets you use a room by encompassing around it. The task lighting is used to use the lighting brightness to the fullest capacity.
To summarize, lamp dimmers are very beneficial and they will fully suit any home, allowing homeowners to save money in the long run. Westside Wholesale has a large selection of lamp dimmers on sale and we will deliver your purchase fast and free.