LG 24,000 BTU Single-Zone Art Cool Mirror Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner with Heat Pump Inverter - High Efficiency
This item is no longer availableFor your convenience, we recommend:
LG LA240HSV2View this item
About the LG LA240HSV Art Cool Mirror Single Zone Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner
The LG LA240HSV Art Cool Mirror Single Zone Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner is a 24,000 Class BTU, high efficiency AC unit. It comes with a heat pump inverter and is wall mounted. This LG unit replaces the discontinued system model LA246HV, but note that it is NOT interchangeable.
Features of the LG LA240HSV Art Cool Mirror Single Zone Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner include an Art Cool design, which provides a slim, modern look with a mirror finished panel. The heat pump inverter has variable speed compression, technology that ensures your comfort evenly throughout the room. As a ductless designed model, your unit functions much the same as a central air system, without the high cost and extensive ductwork.
The LG LA240HSV Art Cool Mirror Single Zone Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner also features an air purifying system, chaos swing, environmentally friendly refrigerant and a self cleaning coil. Professional, licensed installation is required for this LG unit to qualify for the included factory warranty, as well as to ensure maximum performance and longevity.
LG is known as a leader in ductless air conditioner mini-split systems. A ductless split system is similar to a central air system; however, this system is unique. It is a split (2-part) design. It comes with an indoor air handler and the noisy condenser which is installed outside. You no longer need expensive and invasive ductwork. It only requires a 3" opening in the wall or ceiling, and installation is easy. Simply mount the indoor and outdoor units, connect the refrigerant lines, and make a few electrical connections. Most installations can be done in a day. LG supports and recommends that a qualified air conditioning contractor properly size and install LG Duct-Free (ductless) air conditioners for optimal performance and long life.
Ductless air conditioning systems have been around for several decades and are a proven technology to heat and cool rooms at a fraction of the cost of baseboards and wall heaters. Ductless heat pumps are reversible, 2-way heat pumps that use electricity to transfer heat between outdoor and indoor air by compressing and expanding a refrigerant. Using a refrigerant vapor compression cycle, similar to a household refrigerator, ductless heat pumps collect heat from outside and deliver it inside on the heating cycle, and the reverse on the cooling cycle. The ductless heat pump uses variable speed compressors with inverter technology (AC to DC) to continuously match the heating/cooling load, avoiding the on/off cycling of conventional electric resistance and central heating systems that is associated with hot and cold spots and high energy usage. Hot air rises and cold air falls. By mounting the cooling/heating section on the wall, near the ceiling, it will allow the unit to remove cold air/heat more efficiently. It will also deliver cool air/heat more evenly to where you directly need it. Cooling and Heating air without ductwork is not only convenient, it is quieter and safer. LG ductless air conditioners are the smart choice.
Indoor Unit Includes:
• Wall Unit
• Installation plate and hardware
• Remote control, batteries, holder and holder hardware
• Installation manual
• Standard mirror panel
Outdoor Unit Includes:
• Exterior Unit
• Exterior unit has sufficient refrigerant for charging indoor coil and a 25 foot line set (line set NOT included)
Please Note: Mini-Split Systems must be installed by a licensed Heating Contractor holding an EPA Refrigerant Certification to qualify for warranty.
Air Conditioner BTU rating / per square foot chart:
(BTU ratings are based on 10ft ceilings, with Very Good insulation and windows -some factors may alter this calculation: lack of insulation, heavy sun, excessively hot regions, & tall ceilings)
To make sure you install a unit is going to properly cool your square footage without excessive stress to the AC unit, installing a unit with redundant power will ensure longer lasting use, with less repair and maintenance. If unsure, use the lower range of the chart above.
Features:• Inverter (variable speed compressor): Continues to operate at low speed to maintain temperature; quieter to operate and use less energy than conventional ACs that cycle on/off
• R410A Refrigerant: Environmentally friendly refrigerant
• Plasma air purifying system: 4-stage system features permanent filter, and electronic air purifier
• Chaos swing: Electronically controlled louvers and fan speeds
• Self-cleaning indoor coil: Drives dirt and moisture from coil surface leaving it clean and fresh smelling
• Auto changeover
• Jet cool
• Cooling mode/Heating/Fan Mode
• Auto sleep mode: Automatically increases temperature setting 2° twice (after 1/2 hour and 1 hour)
• Ultra-quiet operation
• Dehumidifying mode: Indoor unit senses room temperature and controls humidity
• Auto restart: Automatically restarts unit to programmed setting when electricity comes on after power failure
• 24-Hour on/off timer
• Built-in low ambient standard, down to 14°F (cooling mode)
• Manual power switch: Easily accessed button allows continued operation without remote control
• Defrost control: Shuts down indoor fan to prevent cold air from being blown in; removes frost from outdoor coil when outdoor temperature is low
• Temperature display on indoor unit: Shows interior unit temperature
• Evaporator frost control
• Energy saving
• Gold Fin Anti Corrosion
Specifications:• System Model: LA240HSV
• Indoor Model: LAN240HSV
• Outdoor Model: LAU240HSV
(Replacement for Discontinued System Model: LA246HV, Indoor Model: LAN246HV, Outdoor Model: LAU246HV; NOT Compatible/Interchangeable with new models)
• Capacity (BTUs): 24,200 Cooling; 27,000 Heating
• Energy Efficiency Rating (EER): 9.3
• Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER): 15.6
• Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF): 8.0
• Air Circulation (CFM H/M/L): 530/445/378
• Fan Speeds: 5/Auto/Chaos
• Dehumidification (pts/hr): 6.6
• Indoor dB(A): 45/40/37
• Outdoor dB(A): 54
• Rated Voltage Outdoor: 230/208-60-1
• Rated Voltage Indoor: 230/208-60-1
• Rated Amperage: 11.0/12.1
• Minimum Circuit Ampacity (MCA): 16.7
• Maximum Overcurrent Protection (MOP): 25
Refrigerant Line and Formula
• Pipe Size: Liquid: 3/8"; Suction: 5/8"
• Additional Refrigerant: 0.33 oz/ft.
• Maximum Pipe Length: 98 Feet
• Maximum Elevation: 49 Feet
Dimensions and Weight
• Indoor Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 43-11/16 x 11-3/4 x 7-7/8
• Indoor Weight (lbs.): 33.1
• Outdoor Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 34-5/16 x 31-1/2 x 12-5/8
• Outdoor Weight (lbs.): 132
• Cooling / Heating (°F): 64-86/60-86
Each system is pre-charged with enough refrigerant to charge 25 ft. of line and the interior unit. Please choose a proper wire size based on local and state code.
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
I have a 26x26 garage. would this unit handle heating and cooling for this size area?
Air Conditioner BTU rating / per square foot chart: (BTU ratings are based on 10ft ceilings, with Very Good insulation and windows -some factors may alter this calculation: lack of insulation, heavy sun, excessively hot regions, & tall ceilings) 9,000 BTU 150-350 sqft 12,000 BTU 350-500 sqft 18,000 BTU 500-700 sqft 24,000 BTU 700-1000 sqft 30,000 BTU 1000-1250 sqft
How many square feet does this unit cool?
With 24,000 BTU's of cooling power, you can cool a 700-1000 sqft area with standard ceiling height and standard insulation.
If you are a new customer, please register first: