- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
LG LMU247HV Ductless Air Conditioning Multi-Zone Outdoor Condenser - 24,000 BTU
This item is no longer available
For your convenience, we recommend:
LG LMU24CHVView this item
The LG LMU247HV Ductless Air Conditioner is a 24,000 Class BTU, high efficiency outdoor unit and comes Energy Star Rated. This multi zone and multi split unit from industry leading LG connects with and operates several indoor units across different rooms. This is the outdoor unit only, and the indoor units it connects to must be purchased separately.
**IMPORTANT**: The LG LMU247HV is a multi-zone air handler and requires a multi-zone condenser to operate.
Featuring low ambient operations, proven ductless technology, non-invasive installation and high efficiency, the LG LMU247HV Three Zone Flex Multi Split Air Conditioner additionally offers specifics such as defrost and deicing, auto operation and restart delay. It comes equipped with sufficient refrigeration for charging three inside coils, as well as the outdoor to indoor unit transmission cable.
To be eligible for the included factory warranty, the LG LMU247HV Three Zone Flex AC's mini-split systems must be professionally installed by a licensed contractor with an EPA Refrigerant Certification.
Outdoor Unit Includes:
• Exterior Unit• Exterior unit has sufficient refrigerant for charging 3 indoor coils• Installation manualNote: Mini-Split Systems must be installed by a licensed Heating Contractor holding an EPA Refrigerant Certification to qualify for warranty.
Air Conditioner BTU Rating / Per Square Foot Chart:
(BTU ratings are based on 10ft ceilings, with Very Good insulation and windows -some factors may alter this calculation: lack of insulation, heavy sun, excessively hot regions, & tall ceilings)
To make sure you install a unit is going to properly cool your square footage without excessive stress to the AC unit, installing a unit with redundant power will ensure longer lasting use, with less repair and maintenance. If unsure, use the lower range of the chart below.
- 9,000 BTU - 150-350 sqft
- 12,000 BTU - 350-500 sqft
- 18,000 BTU - 500-700 sqft
- 24,000 BTU - 700-1000 sqft
- 30,000 BTU - 1000-1250 sqft
- Restart delay (3-minutes)
- Self diagnosis
- Soft start
- Auto operation (Artificial intelligence)
- Auto restart operation: Automatically restarts unit to programmed setting when electricity comes on after power failure
- Low ambient operation
- Gold Fin Anti Corrosion
- Energy Star Rated
- Outdoor Model: LMU247HV(Replacement for Outdoor Model: LMU246HV; Compatible/Interchangeable with new model)Performance
- Capacity (BTUs): 24,000 Class
- Sound Pressure Sound Level (H) (dB(A)+3): 52
- Maximum No. of Connectable Indoor Units: 3Electrical
- Power Input (kW): Cooling: 0.72~1.56~3.27; Heating: 0.72~3.22~3.5 (Min~Rated~Max)
- Running Current (A): Cooling: 3.1~7.2~15.2; Heating: 4.5~14.9~16.2 (Min~Rated~Max)
- Power Supply (Ø/V/Hz): 1/208~230/60
- Outdoor Power Supply Cable (No. x AWG): 3 x 12
- Outdoor to Indoor Unit Transmission Cable (No. x AWG): 4 x 18Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D Inches): 34-1/4 x 31-13/16 x 9/16
- Net Weight (lbs.): 143.3Refrigerant and Piping
- Refrigerant Charge (oz.): 89.95 (at 24.6 ft.)
- Refrigerant Type: R410A
- Refrigerant Control: EEV
- Liquid Piping Connections (Inches): 1/4 x 3EA
- Gas Piping Connections (Inches): 3/8 x 3EA
- Maximum Total Piping (ft.): 246.1
- Maximum OD~ID Piping (ft.): 82.0
- Piping Length - No Additional Refrigerant (ft.): 123.0
- Outdoor Unit~Indoor Unit Maximum Elevation Difference (ft.): 49.2
- Indoor Unit~Outdoor Unit Maximum Elevation Difference (ft.): 24.6Thermostat Range
- Cooling Operation Range (°F):14~114.8
- Outdoor Heating Operation Range (°F): 5~75.2Wiring cable size must comply with the applicable local and national code. The data mentioned in the above table are only for non-ducted type of indoor unit. 9,000 BTU 150-350 sqft 12,000 BTU 350-500 sqft 18,000 BTU 500-700 sqft 24,000 BTU 700-1000 sqft 30,000 BTU 1000-1250 sqft
- Two (2) Year Warranty on Parts; Five (5) Year Warranty on Compressor through the Manufacturer. LG's expressed Duct-Free (ductless) Air Conditioning Warranty policy applies only to products installed by qualified air conditioning contractors. Ductless Split Systems must be installed by a licensed Heating Contractor holding an EPA Refrigerant Certification.
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
If I only have two areas that need conditioning, but may add a third in the future, is it possible to only have two lines hooked up without causing issues? what are the possible Seer ratings and how are these maximized?by Matt T. from sc on 07-11-2012
Yes, you can use this unit as a 2-zone unit, simply cap off the un-used connections. This unit has a SEER rating of 16.4 / 21.7 (according to LG).on 07-11-2012
If I only have two areas that need conditioning, but may add a third in the future, is it possible to only have two lines hooked up without causing issues?by Matt T. from sc on 07-11-2012
Yes, you can leave the extra connection capped until you need to use it. Also, if you are planning to add the third indoor unit eventually, you will want to take that into account when selecting which units to install. You will want to make sure to not maximize the output of the condeser with the first 2 indoor units, otherwise adding the third unit may put excess stres son the condensing unit.
As recommended by an LG representative, running 3 x 8,000 BTU Indoor units will be fine for this condenser.on 07-11-2012
I want to cool three bedrooms as follows #1 - 24' x 16' ; #2 - 14' x 16' ; #3 - 12' x 14'. Can the LG LMU247HV multi-split a/c cool the three areas simultaneously? Please recommend indoor units for same. The weather condition is similar to South Florida, year round.by Michael M. on 06-12-2012
Yes, for sunny locations, the LG LMU247HV (LMU246HV) will provide cooling for 700-1000 sq ft. Based on your dimensions listed above, you will be cooling 776 sq ft.
For the Indoor Unit, you can choose the best one's for you from this page (click here to view)on 06-14-2012Please login or register before adding a question.