Westinghouse Light Bulbs
Westside Wholesale presents products of one the leading American light solutions provider Westinghouse. Westinghouse Lighting is a worldwide powerhouse owning distribution channels and centers located in many different countries. Our customers are assured to purchase trusted light bulbs created in accordance to the innovative technologies to make their houses energy-efficient places.
Westinghouse light bulbs have an exceptional reputation as a producer of true quality and affordable lighting for general purposes. Customers will be satisfied with variety of regular A-Line incandescent lamps, decorative lamps like F (flame style), B (bullet shape), T (torpedo tip), globe shapes and bulbs for special application.
Westinghouse has developed several high-technology single and double ended halogen bulbs (T2, T3, T4). Westinghouse has attained great progress in sunlight technology with their RealiteFull Spectrum bulbs line. The company has created its brand name with special series of lighting fixtures and ceiling fans. For every particular need the brand offers innovative and quality solutions.
Westinghouse long-life compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) present a variety of sizes and shapes and last on average for 10,000 hours. CFL main features involve ideal rendition of color and various color temperatures, as well as offering 3-way, colored, dimmable, coated and special bulbs. Standard and mini-twist designs are available.
With energy-saving LED lamps made by Westinghouse customers can cut the consumption of energy about 90%, in comparison to kin lumen output of halogen and incandescent light bulbs. Westinghouse LED lamps guarantee up to 50,000 hours lifespan, which is 20 times more than halogen lamps and require no maintenance. They are available in both cool and warm color temperature.
Westinghouse energy-saving halogen bulbs perform superior illumination quality and reducing costs and energy usage at the same time. These bulbs are dimmable and instant on, sold in various traditional sizes and shapes. Westinghouse bulbs are a cost-efficient alternative to replace out-of-date incandescent ones which can’t meet present energy standards. In fact halogen bulbs are company’s most successful specialty. Westinghouse produces lamps for task lighting called bipin bulb. Such lamps are extensively used at homes, for example, in kitchens. The product line breadth offers loads of options.
How to Select
How to select Light Bulbs
Light bulbs are the most essential parts of any lighting fixture that is why you need to pay additional attention when selecting them. The following guide will help you make the best choice among hundreds of options that exist today.
The first choice that you need to make is the lighting technology used for light bulb creation. Here are the most common types that exist today:
- Fluorescent bulbs. Such type efficient and long-lasting and is traditionally used with residential and commercial ceiling fixtures.
- CFL bulbs. This is the type of compact fluorescent lamps that use a mixture of gases to illuminate the area. Such bulbs are able to retain their heat and thus light when heated, this is why they provide more light while using the same amount of energy.
- Incandescent Bulbs. Incandescent bulbs are the oldest and least efficient type of light bulb that is still commonly used because of its low and affordable price. Such light bulbs spend 30-40% more energy than fluorescent and in addition to that have a shorter life.
- LED bulbs. Are the most efficient, reliable and long-lasting bulbs that exist today. The LED technology emits light while electrical charge passes through the bulb. The scope of LED bulbs is wider than you think; they are used in most of the residential, commercial and even industrial light fixtures.
- Halogen bulbs. This type of bulb is the closest you will ever get to sun light. It offers a natural colored light that is very similar the one produced by sun. Such light bulbs are mostly used for decoration purposes.
After the type of your future light bulb is specified, you need to consider its shape. The shapes that are present at today’s market include a-line, spiral, globe, candle, tube, bullet and other. Each shape has benefits and fits particular light fixtures and installations.
Bulb base should also be considered before you buy the item. The best way to know if the base is compatible with the lamp or the fixture is to look for specifications of such device and compare them with the bulb’s description.
Wattage and color temperature of a light bulb should also be considered. Knowing the wattage of each bulb installed in each fixture will help you plan your budget and, surprisingly enough spend less money and energy. Color temperature or the light’s color only depends on your personal preferences. It is possible to find bulbs of every type with warm or cool colors; you only need to look for such information in the light’s description.