Lutron Dimmer Switches
About Lutron Dimmers
For over 50 years, Lutron has been innovating great products. Lutron is the leader in the lighting control industry and the first to successfully mass-market the dimmer, and is still the only company to create systems of dimmers. In addition to the solid-state Lutron dimmer, Lutron also created the first electronic dimming ballast for fluorescent lights and the first self-contained preset lighting control system. Lutron Dimmers are available in a range of styles and variety in colors and control options. Choose from styles such as the Lutron Dimmer Diva, Lumen, Lyneo, Maestro IR, Maestro, Skylark, Skylark Contour, Abella, Ariadni, Ceana, Glyder, Rotary, Centurion, Nova T, Nova, Vareo and the Vierti. Lutron Dimmer designer, traditional, architectural, and new architectural styles enable you to pick from different on and off features like a smooth-sliding knob, a rocker switch, rotary knob, tap or a toggle switch with slide dimmer that allow you to adjust brightness, and turn lights on at a preset level. Select Lutron Dimmers have LED lights that show the preset light level and give off a soft glow to act as a night light. A Lutron dimmer is either single-pole, multi-location, 3-way, or companion, and are available for use with magnetic and electronic low voltage, incandescent, as well as compact fluorescent (CFL).
Help reduce energy costs and increase comfort with a Lutron Dimmer. The new CFL and LED Lutron Dimmers are the perfect alternative to dimming incandescent or halogen bulbs. Lutron developed a CFL dimmer and LED dimmer to perform better than a standard dimmer. The HED Technology used in the new Lutron Dimmer will alleviate previous CFL and LED dimming challenges. Also, a Lutron Dimmer may have the option of the eco-dim feature that guarantees at least a 15% energy savings when compared with a standard switch dimmer.
Whether you are looking to save energy in residential areas, single room solutions, whole room solutions, or industrial applications, or just need more safety and security, a Lutron Dimmer will compliment any décor and meet all your lighting control needs. A Lutron Dimmer gives you the power to transform any space with controlled light. Allow a Lutron Dimmer with its superior light control, multiple design options, functionality, ease of use, sleek look, and energy efficiency enhance the comfort and appeal in your home or office.
Lutron Dimmer Switch, 450W 1-Pole Ceana Magnetic Low Voltage Light Dimmer - White
Bundle Items & SAVE!
Lutron Dimmer Switch, 1000W 1-Pole Ceana Incandescent Light Dimmer - White
Purchase Pallet Items & Save!
Order $2000 in Pallet Items and
Save an Extra 5% off your Pallet!
Lutron Dimmer Switch, 1000W 3-Way Ceana Incandescent Light Dimmer - White
Bundle Items & SAVE!
How to Select
How to Select an Electrical Dimmer?
Job Usage :
Electrical Dimmers are suitable for many different types of lighting, however, most dimmers work for a specific type of lighting to allow for the best operation possible. Therefore, when installing your lighting, it is important to consider the dimmer as well.
- Incandescent – works with all standard incandescent light bulbs in your home. This is the most commonly used type of dimmer. This dimmer will handle typical 120v household electricity at line voltage levels.
- Magnetic 12v – used for low voltage “magnetic” applications only. This dimmer will not work on a 120v household circuit. It is not uncommon for these to have a “load rating” which will determine which dimmer you should install.
- Electronic 12v – used for low voltage applications only. These dimmers will allow dimming of smaller devices such as landscape lighting, under cabinet lighting, or other 12v lighting units.
- Compact Flourescent / LED – specifically designed to dim the lighting of Compact Flourescent and LED lighting fixtures. These can be wired to any lighting source which operates CFL / LED bulbs. We do not recommend attempting to connect CFL / LED lighting to a standard Incandescent dimmer.
It is important to consider the amount of wattage you will need to dim to make sure you do not overload your dimmer. Dimmer switches can be purchased in different increments such as 450, 600, 800, or 1000 watts. For reference, if you are looking to dim a room with 8 x 100watt recessed lights, you will want to install the 1000watt dimmer to allow for some buffer.
- 3-way – Dimmers that allow for 3 way wiring allow the dimmer switch to be connected with other dimmers to provide multiple control stations. These are suitable when you would like 2 swicthes to control a single lighting fixture.
- Single-pole – Standard dimmers which connect to a standard circuit providing smooth even dimming along the length of the dim cycle. These dimmers do not have 3-way lighting characteristics.
Wireless dimmers allow you to dim a specific device wirelessly by using InfraRed or other technologies. These advanced dimmers will work with compatible devices.
When choosing a color for your dimmers, it is based on your personal preference. In most décor, matching the wall color can make finding a dimmer difficult if lighting conditions are bad. Therefore, it is not uncommon for home owners to install contrasting colored dimmers to add visual appeal and to increase your ability to find the switch when you need it most. In addition, it is important to consider whether you need LED indication or not, which is available on many dimmers available here at Westside Wholesale.
If you would like professional expert advice on selecting your dimmers, please contact our Customer Service Department through Live Chat, or by calling 1-877-998-9378,