Osram Light Bulbs
Osram is a German company producing a considerable variety of lighting systems and common lamps. For about a century it has provided consumers with top-quality goods, ensuring safety and comfort and making human life brighter. Moreover, the manufacturer pays special attention to sparing natural resources.
Osram Light Bulbs can be applied in any environment, at home and in public buildings as well. They help to create a unique atmosphere in a room or outdoors.
Gears made by Osram are famous for the high grade, various designs and long durability. Increased power and safety of lamps and bulbs impresses everybody. Osram lighting products save cash and energy and meet strong performance requirements.
Types of Osram Light Bulbs
Osram manufactures the next bulb types:
Halogen Bulbs: Produced to make illumination design possible. Halogen lamps possess a long service life, efficient work and superior class of light. Modern bulbs meet all consumers’ requirements: spotlights in cafes or shops, up lighters in restaurants and business offices, different home applications. Osram halogen lamps are modern devices, looking naturally, giving warm light and providing different wattages. The ability of being connected to the mains and with a transformer as well explains popularity and considerable progress of the product all over the Earth.
Compact Fluorescent Bulbs: Impressing with an economical aspect. The average service life is about 20 times longer in contrast to conventional incandescent lamps. Power consumption is decreased by 80%. Such lamps compound great cost reduction and environmental protection. Due to this fact compact fluorescent lamps are regularly used in houses and offices. A pin base and screw base enlarge the sphere of application.
Fluorescent Bulbs: Plenty of light and low energy consumption. Owing to different light colors and forms such lamps deserve the popularity in artificial illumination, both individual and public use. The average durability can reach up to 90 thousand hours.
LED Light Bulbs: Making the mood better and adding originality to the room. The bulbs are simple to replace because of the common form and base. A great variety of colors and low energy consumption enlarge people’s interest. These devices are rather environmentally friendly and economical.
Various innovations and constant developing lead to international advance of the company.
Osram Light Bulb, 50W 12V MR16 GU5.3 Halogen Wide Flood
Bundle Items & SAVE!
Osram Light Bulb, 12V 35W MR16 Halogen Wide Flood
Bundle Items & SAVE!
Osram Light Bulb, 20W 12V MR16 GU5.3 Halogen Wide Flood
Bundle Items & SAVE!
How to Select
How to select Light Bulbs
Light bulbs are the most essential parts of any lighting fixture that is why you need to pay additional attention when selecting them. The following guide will help you make the best choice among hundreds of options that exist today.
The first choice that you need to make is the lighting technology used for light bulb creation. Here are the most common types that exist today:
- Fluorescent bulbs. Such type efficient and long-lasting and is traditionally used with residential and commercial ceiling fixtures.
- CFL bulbs. This is the type of compact fluorescent lamps that use a mixture of gases to illuminate the area. Such bulbs are able to retain their heat and thus light when heated, this is why they provide more light while using the same amount of energy.
- Incandescent Bulbs. Incandescent bulbs are the oldest and least efficient type of light bulb that is still commonly used because of its low and affordable price. Such light bulbs spend 30-40% more energy than fluorescent and in addition to that have a shorter life.
- LED bulbs. Are the most efficient, reliable and long-lasting bulbs that exist today. The LED technology emits light while electrical charge passes through the bulb. The scope of LED bulbs is wider than you think; they are used in most of the residential, commercial and even industrial light fixtures.
- Halogen bulbs. This type of bulb is the closest you will ever get to sun light. It offers a natural colored light that is very similar the one produced by sun. Such light bulbs are mostly used for decoration purposes.
After the type of your future light bulb is specified, you need to consider its shape. The shapes that are present at today’s market include a-line, spiral, globe, candle, tube, bullet and other. Each shape has benefits and fits particular light fixtures and installations.
Bulb base should also be considered before you buy the item. The best way to know if the base is compatible with the lamp or the fixture is to look for specifications of such device and compare them with the bulb’s description.
Wattage and color temperature of a light bulb should also be considered. Knowing the wattage of each bulb installed in each fixture will help you plan your budget and, surprisingly enough spend less money and energy. Color temperature or the light’s color only depends on your personal preferences. It is possible to find bulbs of every type with warm or cool colors; you only need to look for such information in the light’s description.