Panasonic FV-08VQ5 Bathroom Fan, 80 CFM WhisperCeiling Ventilation - for 4" Duct
Ask a Question
About this Product
Panasonic’s FV-08VQ5 80 CFM WhisperCeiling Mounted Bathroom Fan for a 4" Duct will change the way you think about bathroom ventilation. The redesigned structure of this unit operates by pushing air continuously through the blower wheel, which is manufactured to operate continuously at low speeds, without costing you extra money on your electric bill.
Manufactured with heavy-gauge zinc galvanized steel, Panasonic’s FV-08VQ5 80 CFM WhisperCeiling Mounted Bathroom Fan for a 4" Duct with a 10 1/2" Mount Opening is built to withstand any external wear and tear that may take place in a variety of conditions. Resistant against rust, time and overheating, this unit will live long past the included manufacturer’s warranty.
Ready to install right out of the box, this Panasonic FV-08VQ5 WhisperCeiling Mounted Bathroom Fan is easily mounted on any wall or ceiling duct. Blending easily with your current decor, you’ll never notice the fan in action, which is exactly what you want with any mounted fan in your home’s bathroom.
• Totally enclosed condenser motor
• Continuous, trouble-free operation for many years
• Housing is made of heavy-gauge zinc galvanized steel
• User-friendly installation
• Energy Star qualified for Energy Savings
• Built-in damper prevents backdraft
• Model: FV-08VQ5
• Static Pressure (in inches w.g.): 0.1, 0.25
• Air Volume (CFM): 80 at 0.1" static pressure, 65 at .25" static pressure
• Noise (sones): <0.3 at 80 CFM, 0.4 at 62 CFM
• Power Consumption (Watts): 14.7 at 80 CFM, 14.5 at 62 CFM
• Energy Efficiency (CFM's/Watt): 5.8 at 80 CFM, 4.5 at 62 CFM
• Speed (RPM): 829 at 80 CFM, 1089 at 62 CFM
• Current (Amps): 0.12 at 80 CFM, 0.12 at 62 CFM
• Power Rating (V/Hz): 120/60
• Motor Type: Condenser
• Type of Motor Bearing: Ball
• Thermal Fuse Protection: Yes
• Blower Wheel Type: Sirocco
• Duct Diameter (inches): 4"
• Mounting Opening (inches sq.): 101/2"
• Grille Size (inches sq.): 13"
• UL Listed for Tub/ Shower Enclosure: Yes
• Washington State VIAQ Code: Yes
• California Title 24 Compliant: Yes
• Mfg in ISO 9001 Certified Facility: Yes
• Energy Star Qualified: Yes
• Gross Weight (lbs.): 10.4
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 10..25" x 10.25" x 7.40"
flapper valve does not seal 100%
I have only installed this and have not hooked it up yet, but the flapper valve that closes out the outside attic air does not seal 100%. its a dumb design, with a rounded type flapper, and set off at an angle, that is not adjustable
it maybe quiet and move air, but its not going to keep out all the attic air.
not sure what they were thinking... but I'd get something else on this alone.
on 07-04-2012 by Dive
This is a wonderful bathroom fan. It's so quiet that we often forget to turn it off because you cant hear it running. Love it!
on 08-10-2011 by e
not as quiet as I thought
I just installed two Panasonic FV-08VQ5 bathroom fans. It is designed & built very well and the use of plastic in the interior spaces is a plus as it helps to deaden the sound. Based on the description, I thought it would be almost silent so I did not run a second wire for a fan only switch-a mistake, as it still can be heard running. Just be aware that "Whisper quiet" is a relative term. If you are sensitive to that sound, install a second fan only switch.
on 01-19-2011 by charlie
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: