Philips Light Bulbs
Philips is a brand with a long history extending back over 120 years. Light bulbs’ producing was the first thing to be realized by this Dutch company. A large assortment of base sizes and shapes allows fitting in practically any fixture.
Types of Phillips Light Bulbs
LED Light Bulbs: A good substitute for incandescents. The specifics of the output is energy efficiency and fine quality. They save consumers’ cash and protect the ecosystem. These bulbs help the person to create a unique atmosphere by means of various colors and shades. Choosing LED lighting by Philips a customer is certain to reduce electric bills. Moreover, the bulb replacement becomes an infrequent operation. The company is developing LED lighting industry to produce goods of refined style and class making all the clients’ requirements. A wide range of LED items is offered: Standard, Reflector, Mini Reflector, Candle, Tube and Specialty (Capsule, Nightlight, Downlight). Philips has got L Prize from U.S. DOE for this product.
Compact Fluorescent Bulbs: Certificated by ENERGY STAR (having the award of 2013 as Partner of a year). They are friendly to environment and conform to recent efficiency standards of DOE. EnergySaver bulbs supply high brightness in less than half a minute. Compact fluorescent lamps are cost-effective, having a long life. When buying these bulbs a customer may choose Standard, Candle, Spiral, Globe, Reflector or Specialty.
Halogen Light Bulbs: Providing bright pleasant light. The bulbs assist to save energy and money. Philips uses no mercury when manufacturing these items. They light up the room instantly after being switched on. All of them are dimmable, easy to use in decorative, recessed, work, security or other fixtures indoors and outdoors as well. The grade of light changes from 10% to full brightness. Halogen light illumination is ideal for indoor activities (reading, cross stitching, etc). It allows seeing true colors more clearly. The company produces a fine variety of halogen light bulbs: Capsule, Candle, Spot, and Linear.
Fluorescent Tubes: Lasting more than 7000 hours. They are environmentally responsible. This device helps to add a unique individuality to a room. There are cool and soft white, natural light and daylight variants. A customer can choose an appropriate product among Ubent, Circular and Linear tubes.
Products by Philips are certain to satisfy all consumers’ lighting desires.
Philips Light Bulb, 20W Standard Base Compact Fluorescent - Soft White
Bundle Items & SAVE!
How to Select
How to select Light Bulbs
Light bulbs are the most essential parts of any lighting fixture that is why you need to pay additional attention when selecting them. The following guide will help you make the best choice among hundreds of options that exist today.
The first choice that you need to make is the lighting technology used for light bulb creation. Here are the most common types that exist today:
- Fluorescent bulbs. Such type efficient and long-lasting and is traditionally used with residential and commercial ceiling fixtures.
- CFL bulbs. This is the type of compact fluorescent lamps that use a mixture of gases to illuminate the area. Such bulbs are able to retain their heat and thus light when heated, this is why they provide more light while using the same amount of energy.
- Incandescent Bulbs. Incandescent bulbs are the oldest and least efficient type of light bulb that is still commonly used because of its low and affordable price. Such light bulbs spend 30-40% more energy than fluorescent and in addition to that have a shorter life.
- LED bulbs. Are the most efficient, reliable and long-lasting bulbs that exist today. The LED technology emits light while electrical charge passes through the bulb. The scope of LED bulbs is wider than you think; they are used in most of the residential, commercial and even industrial light fixtures.
- Halogen bulbs. This type of bulb is the closest you will ever get to sun light. It offers a natural colored light that is very similar the one produced by sun. Such light bulbs are mostly used for decoration purposes.
After the type of your future light bulb is specified, you need to consider its shape. The shapes that are present at today’s market include a-line, spiral, globe, candle, tube, bullet and other. Each shape has benefits and fits particular light fixtures and installations.
Bulb base should also be considered before you buy the item. The best way to know if the base is compatible with the lamp or the fixture is to look for specifications of such device and compare them with the bulb’s description.
Wattage and color temperature of a light bulb should also be considered. Knowing the wattage of each bulb installed in each fixture will help you plan your budget and, surprisingly enough spend less money and energy. Color temperature or the light’s color only depends on your personal preferences. It is possible to find bulbs of every type with warm or cool colors; you only need to look for such information in the light’s description.