- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Rain Bird 8H-FLT MPR Flat Half Circle Top Nozzle w/Screen, 8 Foot Radius - 25 Pack
Earn 1 Westside Dollar for every 1 piece purchased.
The Rainbird 8H-FLT 25 pack of top nozzles provide half circle sprinkling. This makes the Rainbird sprinklers ideal for irrigating small areas that require a flat trajectory and only need watering in one direction.
Also, these nozzles produce larger water droplet sizes and are more wind resistant than the standard 8 Series MPR nozzles. 8 FLT MPR nozzles have higher flow than the standard 5, 8, 10, 12, & 15 Series MPR nozzles and should not be mixed in a zone.
Selecting the correct nozzle is one of the most crucial, yet overlooked, elements in irrigation system design. Choosing the correct nozzle, whether it's for a spray head or a rotor, is easy if you take the time to study the nozzle charts in a manufacturer's product or online catalog and select one that best suits your needs; irrigation equipment manufacturers have put a tremendous amount of effort into developing nozzles to fit almost every application: For slopes and compacted soils, select a nozzle with a lower precipitation rate. For windy areas, select a nozzle with a low nozzle outlet trajectory. To achieve even water distribution without having to separate part-circle from full-circle sprinklers, select a nozzle set that features a matched precipitation rate. Another way to ensure uniform watering, if you're working with spray heads, is to select nozzles that have an undercut nozzle. These nozzles have an second, undercut orifice for watering closer to the head. For flexibility with spray heads, select a nozzle with an adjustable or variable arc. Because nozzles are designed to work within a wide range of pressures, it is important to ensure you have the correct pressure at the base of the nozzle.
Too much pressure, as is commonly the situation with spray heads, will result in misting. Misting creates a reduction in the radius of throw and you may experience uneven coverage, and cause wet and dry spots. To correct this, several manufacturers offer devices that can be installed at the nozzle or are integrated in the sprinkler, such as the Rain Bird PRS Series.
If you're working primarily with rotors, keep in mind that too much pressure can cause the rotor to rotate too quickly. The nozzle stream of a fast moving rotor will "horsetail" and cause a severe reduction in the radius of coverage. Too little pressure will also result in a reduction in the radius of throw and uneven water distribution.
- Flat Half Circle
- Matched precipitation rates within 8 FLT nozzles family higher flow than standard 8 Series MPR nozzles
- 8 FLT nozzles should not be mixed with standard 5, 8, 10, 12, & 15 Series MPR nozzles
- Top Color-coded gray as specialty nozzles
- 1800 Series blue finemesh (.02 x .02) filter screens
- Stainless steel adjustment screw to adjust flow and radius
- Radius reduction over 25% of the normal throw of the nozzle is not recommended
- For use on all 1800 series and UNI-Spray spray heads and the PA-8S and PA-8S-PRS shrub adapters
- Model: 8H-FLT
- Product number: A47075
- Operating Range: Spacing: 6-8 feet (2.44 m)
- Pressure: 15 to 30 psi (1 to 2,1 bar)
- Optimum pressure: 30 psi (2,1 bar)
- 5 year trade through the manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
- Please login or register before adding a question.