Rainbird R17-24F Full Circle Rotary Nozzle, 17 - 24 Foot Radius - 10 Pack
Ask a Question
About this Product
Rotary Nozzles provide unsurpassed design flexibility and highly efficient water distribution from 17 to 24 feet. The newest addition to Rain Birds line of water-efficient products, Rotary Nozzles help reduce water waste and make it easier to design systems. The Rotary Nozzle is a truly remarkable innovation with a low precipitation rate, highly uniform distribution, and increased radius range, all in a nozzle which fits on a Rain Bird spray head. |
Selecting the correct nozzle is one of the most crucial, yet overlooked, elements in irrigation system design. Choosing the correct nozzle, whether it's for a spray head or a rotor, is easy if you take the time to study the nozzle charts in a manufacturer's product or online catalog and select one that best suits your needs; irrigation equipment manufacturers have put a tremendous amount of effort into developing nozzles to fit almost every application: For slopes and compacted soils, select a nozzle with a lower precipitation rate. For windy areas, select a nozzle with a low nozzle outlet trajectory. To achieve even water distribution without having to separate part-circle from full-circle sprinklers, select a nozzle set that features a matched precipitation rate. Another way to ensure uniform watering, if you're working with spray heads, is to select nozzles that have an undercut nozzle. These nozzles have an second, undercut orifice for watering closer to the head. For flexibility with spray heads, select a nozzle with an adjustable or variable arc. Because nozzles are designed to work within a wide range of pressures, it is important to ensure you have the correct pressure at the base of the nozzle.
Too much pressure, as is commonly the situation with spray heads, will result in misting. Misting creates a reduction in the radius of throw and you may experience uneven coverage, and cause wet and dry spots. To correct this, several manufacturers offer devices that can be installed at the nozzle or are integrated in the sprinkler, such as the Rain Bird PRS Series.
If you're working primarily with rotors, keep in mind that too much pressure can cause the rotor to rotate too quickly. The nozzle stream of a fast moving rotor will "horsetail" and cause a severe reduction in the radius of coverage. Too little pressure will also result in a reduction in the radius of throw and uneven water distribution.
Features:• Full Circle
• Low precipitation rate 0.60 in/hr (15,2 mm/hr) reduces run-off and erosion
• Multiple, rotating streams uniformly distribute water throughout the radius range
• Matched precipitation rate across radii and pattern simplify the design process
• Matched precipitation rate with Rain Bird 5000/5000 Plus MPR Rotor Nozzles allow MPR irrigation designs from 13' to 35'
• With approximately 60% less flow than conventional spray nozzles, Rotary Nozzles allow more heads per zone, reducing overall system complexity and cost
• Maintains highly efficient performance throughout the 20-55 psi pressure range, with no misting or fogging at high pressures
• Stainless steel radius reduction screw allows reduction down to 13' on the R13-18 and to 17' on the R17-24 to accommodate varying landscape needs
• Designed for use on Rain Bird spray heads
Specifications:• Model: R17-24F
• Product number: A84560
• Pressure range: 20-55 psi (1,4 to 3,8 bars)
• Spacing: 13' to 24' (4,0 m to 7,3 m)
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: