- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Rain Bird U-15F MPR Full Circle U-Series Nozzle w/Screen, 15 Foot Radius - 25 Pack
Earn 1 Westside Dollar for every 1 piece purchased.
The patented U-Series nozzle is the first plastic nozzle with a second orifice for close-in watering and more uniform water distribution. Its unique patented design cuts watering times, saves water and money, and reduces waste. U-Series nozzles fit all Rain Bird sprinklers and shrub adapters and can be used with new and improved PCS screens.Selecting the correct nozzle is one of the most crucial, yet overlooked, elements in irrigation system design. Choosing the correct nozzle, whether it's for a spray head or a rotor, is easy if you take the time to study the nozzle charts in a manufacturer's product or online catalog and select one that best suits your needs; irrigation equipment manufacturers have put a tremendous amount of effort into developing nozzles to fit almost every application: For slopes and compacted soils, select a nozzle with a lower precipitation rate. For windy areas, select a nozzle with a low nozzle outlet trajectory. To achieve even water distribution without having to separate part-circle from full-circle sprinklers, select a nozzle set that features a matched precipitation rate. Another way to ensure uniform watering, if you're working with spray heads, is to select nozzles that have an undercut nozzle. These nozzles have an second, undercut orifice for watering closer to the head. For flexibility with spray heads, select a nozzle with an adjustable or variable arc. Because nozzles are designed to work within a wide range of pressures, it is important to ensure you have the correct pressure at the base of the nozzle.Too much pressure, as is commonly the situation with spray heads, will result in misting. Misting creates a reduction in the radius of throw and you may experience uneven coverage, and cause wet and dry spots. To correct this, several manufacturers offer devices that can be installed at the nozzle or are integrated in the sprinkler, such as the Rain Bird PRS Series.If you're working primarily with rotors, keep in mind that too much pressure can cause the rotor to rotate too quickly. The nozzle stream of a fast moving rotor will "horsetail" and cause a severe reduction in the radius of coverage. Too little pressure will also result in a reduction in the radius of throw and uneven water distribution.When U-Series dual-orifice nozzles are installed instead of standard nozzles on every spray head in the zone. Results may vary based on site-specific conditions such as sprinkler spacing, wind, temperature, soil and grass type. Scheduling Coefficient (SC) measures the efficiency of spray heads. SC measures how much more you must water your ENTIRE area for the driest sections to receive sufficient water. The lower the SC, the better the spray heads distribute water.
- Additional orifice for close-in watering
- Minimizes dry brown spots around spray heads
- Low Scheduling Coefficient for efficient watering
- Matched precipitation rate between sets and matched flow (GPM, m3/h and l/s) and precipitation rates with all 1800 Series MPR nozzles
- Greater flexibility
- Comes with the new 8' and 10' nozzles, a complete family of fixed arc U-Series nozzles
- Fine mesh screen protects bottom orifice from debris
- Stainless steel adjustment screw to adjust flow and radius
- Fits all Rain Bird sprinklers and shrub adapters
- Model: U-15F
- Product number: U10020
- Pressure range: 15 to 30 psi (1,0 to 2,1): optimum pressure 30 psi (2,1bar)
- Maximum performance achieved when used with 1800 PRS or 1800 SAM-PRS spray head
- Spacing: 9 to 15 feet (2,7 to 4,6m)
- 5 year trade through the manufacturer
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
- Please login or register before adding a question.