Reflectix R4.2/R6/R8 All-Weather Outdoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Standard Edge, 48" x 50 Ft
Ask a Question
About this Product
Product Information:Reflectix Insulation CDW48050 is a standard edge, outdoor, double reflective duct insulation that is an excellent fiber-free alternative to other types of duct insulations. Reflectix outdoor wrap is a 5/16 inch thick, seven layer, reflective insulation consisting of two outer layers of aluminum foil that reflect 97% of radiant heat. The outside layer of foil is ten times thicker on one side and is made of heavier foil. Each layer of foil is bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength. Two inner layers of insulating bubbles resist conductive heat flow while a center layer of polyethylene gives Reflectix high reliability and durability. Radiant heat, the major source of heat flow, is energy in the form of infrared waves. It travels as the speed of light, even through a vacuum, and is either transmitted through, absorbed into, or reflected by any material it contacts. Reflectix outdoor double bubble duct insulation may be installed by wrapping exterior rectangular or round ductwork in outdoor, rooftop and exposed ductwork HVAC applications. When wrapping the duct the heavier foil layer should face environmental elements.
Heating costs can be greatly reduced by eliminating unnecessary heat loss/gain and air leakage. Reflectix helps to ensure consistent temperature, is easy to install, will resist growth of fungi, mold, mildew, is permanent and maintenance free, and conforms to duct surface easily for faster installation. R-values are dependent on installation technique: R-4.2: Duct Wrap wrapped loosely around duct, R-6.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with 3/4 inch Spacer around duct, R-8.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with (2) 3/4 inch Spacers and Wrap around duct; please refer to the user/application tutorials below.
Reflectix CDW48050 includes: 1 Roll of 48 inch width by 50 foot length of duct insulation.
Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R4.2)
Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R8)
Energy Star Qualified for Residential Applications (PDF)
Manufacturer Installation Sheet (PDF)
Made in the USA
Note: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater.
• Fiber free
• Energy efficient
• Reduce heating/cooling cost
• Reflects 97 percent radiant heat
• Environmentally safe
• Vapor/radon retarder
• Cost less to install
• Lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture/humidity
• No nesting characteristics for birds/insects/rodents
• Resists growth of fungi, mold, and mildew
• No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
• Permanent and maintenance free
• QS 9000 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing location
Specifications:• Model Number: CDW48050
• Roll Dimensions: 48 inch x 50 Feet
• Temperature Range: 250° Operational
• Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
• Weight: 1.25 oz./sq. ft.
• Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 20
• Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): 30
• Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
• Linear Shrinkage: None
• Reflectance (IR): 97%
• Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
• Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
• Mold and Mildew: No Growth
• Emittance: 0.3
• Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
• Pliability: No Cracking
• Hot Surface Performance: Passed
NOTE: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: