- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Reflectix HVBP1612503 R4.2/R6/R8 HVAC Indoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Standard Edge, 16" x 125 Ft (3 Pack)
Get 10% Cashback in Westside Dollars
About Reflectix HVBP1612503 R4.2/R6/R8 HVAC Indoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Standard Edge, 16" x 125 Ft
Reflectix reflective radiant barrier insulation is the best way to turn your home into a energy efficient structure quickly, with minimal expense and installation time. The Reflectix HVBP1612503 is your standard edge double reflective coat sheet insulation for ducts and ductwork. This seven layer insulation measures only 5/16” thick, yet provides complete radiant insulation due to the double sided aluminum foil reflective design. Reflectix technology ensures that 97% of all radiant heat is blocked, while the insulated bubble center dissipates heat rapidly, preventing any temperature build-up.
Cost Effective: Installing Reflective radiant barrier insulation is one of the most cost effective improvements you can make in your home. By using radiant barrier insulation on areas of your home including attics, around ducts, crawls paces, garages, and storage spaces, you are greatly reducing the amount of additional heating and cooling that will be needed to keep your living space in a steady, comfortable temperature. In the majority of homes, heating and cooling costs can amount for up to 50-70% of your overall utility expense.
By installing double-bubble radiant barriers in your home, you will be reflecting infrared heat back away from your home, instead of allowing it to pass through and build up inside your home. This technology helps keep your home at a much more consistent temperature, even when temperatures outside are extreme. Using Reflectix radiant barriers prevent the build-up of heat, reducing cooling costs tremendously, allowing you to operate your air conditioning a lot less frequently, for shorter intervals, not only saving money, but lengthening the life of your conditioning system.
Easy to Install: Reflectix Radiant barriers are installed by simply using a staple gun to secure the reflective sheet materials against flat or round surfaces. For use around ductwork or piping, use heavy duty duct tape to secure the material once wrapped around the duct / pipe. Suitable for HVAC applications.
To get the R-value, please use reference guides, R-value is dependent on your installation technique: R-4,2: Reflectix Duct Wrap loosely wrapped around ductwork, R-6.0: Reflectix Duct Wrap surrounding ductwork with a ¾” spacer gap around, R-8.0: Reflectix duct Duct Wrap with 2x ¾” spaces around the duct.Additional Information:Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R4.2)Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R8) Energy Star Qualified for Residential Applications (PDF)Manufacturer Installation Sheet (PDF)Made in the USANote: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater.
- Fiber free
- Energy efficient
- Reduce heating/cooling cost
- Reflects 97 percent radiant heat
- Environmentally safe
- Cost less to install
- Lightweight and clean
- Not affected by moisture/humidity
- No nesting characteristics for birds/insects/rodents
- Resists growth of fungi, mold, and mildew
- No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
- Permanent and maintenance free
- QS 9000 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing location
- Model Number: HVBP1612503
- Roll Dimensions: 16 inch x 125 Feet
- Temperature Range: 250° Operational
- Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
- Weight: 1.25 oz./sq. ft.
- Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 20
- Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): 30
- Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
- Linear Shrinkage: None
- Reflectance (IR): 97%
- Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
- Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
- Mold and Mildew: No Growth
- Emittance: 0.3
- Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
- Pliability: No Cracking
- Hot Surface Performance: PassedNOTE: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater
- Customer Reviews
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers