Reflectix HVBP36050 R4.2/R6/R8 HVAC Indoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Standard Edge, 36" x 50 Ft
Brand: Reflectix Model: HVBP36050 Condition: New
Ask a Question
About this Product
Purchase 1 piece, and earn 3 Westside Dollars
| Reflectix Insulation HVBP36050 is a standard edge double reflective duct insulation that is an excellent fiber-free alternative to other types of duct insulations. Reflectix is a 5/16 inch thick, seven layer, reflective insulation consisting of two outer layers of aluminum foil that reflect 97% of radiant heat, each layer of foil is bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength. Two inner layers of insulating bubbles resist conductive heat flow while a center layer of polyethylene gives it a high reliability and durability. Radiant heat, the major source of heat flow, is energy in the form of infrared waves. It travels at the speed of light, even through a vacuum, and is either transmitted through, absorbed into, or reflected by any material it contacts. This reflective material is a double bubble duct insulation and may be installed by wrapping rectangular or round ductwork in HVAC applications.|
Heating costs can be greatly reduced by eliminating unnecessary heat loss/gain and air leakage. Reflectix helps to ensure consistent temperature, is easy to install, will resist growth of fungi, mold, mildew, and is permanent and maintenance free. R-values are dependent on installation technique: R-4.2: Duct Wrap wrapped loosely around duct, R-6.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with 3/4 inch Spacer around duct, R-8.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with (2) 3/4 inch Spacers and Wrap around duct; please refer to the user/application tutorials below. Applications include: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Crawl Space, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Radiant Floor - Wood Joists, Storage Building, Unique Applications, etc.
Reflectix HVBP36050 includes: 1 Roll of 36 inch width by 50 foot length of duct insulation.
Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R4.2)
Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R8)
Energy Star Qualified for Residential Applications (PDF)
Manufacturer Installation Sheet (PDF)
Made in the USA
Note: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater.
• Fiber free
• Energy efficient
• Reduce heating/cooling cost
• Reflects 97 percent radiant heat
• Environmentally safe
• Cost less to install
• Lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture/humidity
• No nesting characteristics for birds/insects/rodents
• Resists growth of fungi, mold, and mildew
• No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
• Permanent and maintenance free
• QS 9000 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing location
Specifications:• Model Number: HVBP36050
• Roll Dimensions: 36 inch x 50 Foot
• Temperature Range: 250° Operational
• Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
• Weight: 1.25 oz./sq. ft.
• Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 20
• Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): 30
• Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
• Linear Shrinkage: None
• Reflectance (IR): 97%
• Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
• Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
• Mold and Mildew: No Growth
• Emittance: 0.3
• Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
• Pliability: No Cracking
• Hot Surface Performance: Passed
NOTE: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater
There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
Please login or register before adding a question.
If you are a new customer, please register first: