- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Reflectix HVBP48050 R4.2/R6/R8 HVAC Indoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Standard Edge, 48" x 50 Ft
Earn 4 Westside Dollars for every 1 piece purchased.
Reflectix Insulation HVBP48050 is a standard edge double reflective duct insulation that is an excellent fiber-free alternative to other types of duct insulations. Reflectix is a 5/16 inch thick, seven layer, reflective insulation consisting of two outer layers of aluminum foil that reflect 97% of radiant heat, each layer of foil is bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength. Two inner layers of insulating bubbles resist conductive heat flow while a center layer of polyethylene gives Reflectix high reliability and durability. Radiant heat, the major source of heat flow, is energy in the form of infrared waves. It travels as the speed of light, even through a vacuum, and is either transmitted through, absorbed into, or reflected by any material it contacts. Reflectix double bubble duct insulation may be installed bywrapping rectangular or round ductwork in HVAC applications.
This item may qualify for Energy Star Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency when installed properly on walls, attics, or crawl spaces.
Heating costs can be greatly reduced by eliminating unnecessary heat loss/gain and air leakage. Reflectix helps to ensure consistent temperature, is easy to install, will resist growth of fungi, mold, mildew, and is permanent and maintenance free. R-values are dependent on installation technique: R-4.2: Duct Wrap wrapped loosely around duct, R-6.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with 3/4 inch Spacer around duct, R-8.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with (2) 3/4 inch Spacers and Wrap around duct; please refer to the user/application tutorials below. Applications include: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Crawl Space, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Radiant Floor - Wood Joists, Storage Building, Unique Applications, etc.Reflectix HVBP48050 includes: 1 Roll of 48 inch width by 50 foot length of duct insulation.Additional Information:Manufacturer Installation Sheet (PDF)Made in the USANote: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater.
- Fiber free
- Energy efficient
- Reduce heating/cooling cost
- Reflects 97 percent radiant heat
- Environmentally safe
- Cost less to install
- Lightweight and clean
- Not affected by moisture/humidity
- No nesting characteristics for birds/insects/rodents
- Resists growth of fungi, mold, and mildew
- No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
- Permanent and maintenance free
- QS 9000 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing location
- Model Number: HVBP48050
- Roll Dimensions: 48 inch x 50 Foot
- Temperature Range: 250° Operational
- Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
- Weight: 1.25 oz./sq. ft.
- Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 20
- Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): 30
- Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
- Linear Shrinkage: None
- Reflectance (IR): 97%
- Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
- Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
- Mold and Mildew: No Growth
- Emittance: 0.3
- Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
- Pliability: No Cracking
- Hot Surface Performance: PassedNOTE: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
Which of your products would be best for use to cover the windows in an RV?by John D. from Arizona on 08-10-2012
This will work well for your RV. This material is very universal and can be easily installed to cover any window, or open area to prevent excess heat. You can install it temporarily, or permanently, and can be simply taped into place, or mounted using screws / nails.
This roll is 48" tall and will work best for large windows up to 48" high.on 08-13-2012Please login or register before adding a question.