Reflectix HVBP60050 R4.2/R6/R8 HVAC Indoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Standard Edge, 60" x 50 Ft
Ask a Question
About this Product
This item may qualify for Energy Star Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency when installed properly on walls, attics, or crawl spaces:Reflectix Insulation HVBP60050 is a standard edge double reflective duct insulation that is an excellent fiber-free alternative to other types of duct insulations. Reflectix is a 5/16 inch thick, seven layer, reflective insulation consisting of two outer layers of aluminum foil that reflect 97% of radiant heat, each layer of foil is bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength. Two inner layers of insulating bubbles resist conductive heat flow while a center layer of polyethylene gives Reflectix high reliability and durability. Radiant heat, the major source of heat flow, is energy in the form of infrared waves. It travels as the speed of light, even through a vacuum, and is either transmitted through, absorbed into, or reflected by any material it contacts. Reflectix double bubble duct insulation may be installed by wrapping rectangular or round ductwork in HVAC applications.
Heating costs can be greatly reduced by eliminating unnecessary heat loss/gain and air leakage. Reflectix helps to ensure consistent temperature, is easy to install, will resist growth of fungi, mold, mildew, and is permanent and maintenance free. R-values are dependent on installation technique: R-4.2: Duct Wrap wrapped loosely around duct, R-6.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with 3/4 inch Spacer around duct, R-8.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with (2) 3/4 inch Spacers and Wrap around duct; please refer to the user/application tutorials below. Applications include: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Crawl Space, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Radiant Floor - Wood Joists, Storage Building, Unique Applications, etc.
Reflectix HVBP60050 includes: 1 Roll of 60 inch width by 50 foot length of duct insulation.
Manufacturer HVAC/R and Contractor Application Tutorial (R4.2)
Energy Star Qualified for Residential Applications (PDF)
Manufacturer Installation Sheet (PDF)
Made in the USA
Note: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater.
• Fiber free
• Energy efficient
• Reduce heating/cooling cost
• Reflects 97 percent radiant heat
• Environmentally safe
• Cost less to install
• Lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture/humidity
• No nesting characteristics for birds/insects/rodents
• Resists growth of fungi, mold, and mildew
• No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
• Permanent and maintenance free
• QS 9000 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing location
Specifications:• Model Number: HVBP60050
• Roll Dimensions: 60 inch x 50 Feet
• Temperature Range: 250° Operational
• Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
• Weight: 1.25 oz./sq. ft.
• Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 20
• Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): 30
• Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
• Linear Shrinkage: None
• Reflectance (IR): 97%
• Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
• Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
• Mold and Mildew: No Growth
• Emittance: 0.3
• Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
• Pliability: No Cracking
• Hot Surface Performance: Passed
NOTE: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: