- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Reflectix HVST2410002 R4.2/R6/R8 HVAC Indoor Double Reflective Duct Insulation - Staple Tab, 24" x 100 Ft (2 Pack)
Get 5% Cashback in Westside Dollars
Reflectix HVST2410002 is an excellent fiber-free alternative to other types of duct insulations. It is double reflective with both sides permanently bonded together and features a 3/4 inch tab on each edge for stapling. Heating costs can be greatly reduced by eliminating unnecessary heat loss/gain and air leakage. Reflectix helps to ensure consistent temperature, is easy to install, will resist growth of fungi, mold, mildew, and is permanent and maintenance free.
This order is for a 24 inches wide x 100 feet long Reflectix insulation that is seven layers and 5/16th of an inch thick. Its two outer layers of aluminum foil reflects 97% of radiant heat, with each layer of foil bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength. Two inner layers of insulating bubbles resist conductive heat flow while a center layer of polyethylene gives Reflectix high reliability and durability.
Radiant heat, the major source of heat flow, is energy in the form of infrared waves. It travels as the speed of light, even through a vacuum, and is either transmitted through, absorbed into, or reflected by any material it contacts. Reflectix staple tab duct insulation is for use in in walls and ceiling cavities, and is also an excellent vapor barrier so it can be used in tandem with unfaced fiberglass insulation. When insulation is installed on 16 inch or 24 inch centers, or inside cavities, the staple tab edge is easier to work with.
R-values are dependent on installation technique:
- R-4.2: Duct Wrap wrapped loosely around duct
- R-6.0: Duct Wrap wrapped with 3/4 inch Spacer around duct
- R-8.0: Duct wrap wrapped with (2) 3/4 inch spacers and wrap around duct
Note: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater.
- Made in the USA
- Fiber free
- Energy efficient
- Reduce heating/cooling cost
- Reflects 97 percent radiant heat
- Environmentally safe
- Cost less to install
- Lightweight and clean
- Not affected by moisture/humidity
- No nesting characteristics for birds/insects/rodents
- Resists growth of fungi, mold, and mildew
- No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
- Permanent and maintenance free
- QS 9000 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing location
- NOTE: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180° F or greater
- Model Number: HVST2410002
- Roll Dimensions: 24 inch x 100 Feet
- Temperature Range: 250° Operational
- Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
- Weight: 1.25 oz./sq. ft.
- Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 20
- Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): 30
- Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
- Linear Shrinkage: None
- Reflectance (IR): 97%
- Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
- Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
- Mold and Mildew: No Growth
- Emittance: 0.3
- Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
- Pliability: No Cracking
- Hot Surface Performance: Passed
- Customer Reviews
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers