- Your Shopping Cart is empty.
Rheem RTG-64XN Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas 150,000 BTU Max Direct Vent Whole House - Outdoor, 6.4 GPM
This item is no longer available
For your convenience, we recommend:
Rheem RTG-64XLNView this item
About the Rheem RTG-64XN Outdoor Tankless Water Heater for 1 or 2 Bathroom Homes (Natural Gas)
The sophisticated and modern design of the Rheem RTG-64XN Tankless Outdoor Water Heater for 1-2 Bathroom Homes, which uses natural gas, allows your household to eliminate your old, spacious hot water heater and opt for this new age wonder. Next generation burner technology makes this unit part of a circuit with up to six other units. Plus, its flow rate is one of the industry’s best, at a minimum of .26 GPM and an astounding .40 GPM when it comes to minimum activation flow rate.
Experience continuous hot water with this compact, space saving device. Intelligent design means that you’ll save money with high energy conservation and your home will always be safe against the effects of excess power consumption. The Rheem RTG-64XN Tankless Outdoor Water Heater for 1-2 Bathroom Homes functions at such a phenomenal rate of efficiency that you can flow up to 6.4 gallons of hot water per minute!IMPORTANT: Must be PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED to be eligible to receive a factory warrantyNote: Proper gas pressure must be ensured to supply tankless gas water heaters - up to 150,000 BTU for RTG-64 models. (Consult your gas supplier)Additional Information:
- New! Next Generation Burner Technology
- Industry Best! .26 GPM Minimum Flow Rate, .40 GPM Minimum Activation Flow Rate
- UMC-117 remote control and 10 ft. of thermostat wire is included
- EZ-Link cable available for high demand applications to connect two tankless units to operate as one
- New! Manifold up to 6 units with an optional MIC-6 manifold control board
- Exclusive! All Rheem models can be linked in up to 20 unit manifold installations by using the optional MIC-180 and MICS-180 manifold control assembly
- High-altitude capability - up to 9,840 ft. elevation above sea level (no chip required)
- Exclusive! Guardian OFW overheat film wrap
- All Rheem tankless models are third-party efficiency certified by GAMA
- Continuous hot water, energy saving and compact, space saving design
- Intelligent electronic controls designed to increase energy efficiency and safety
- Self Diagnostic System
- Digital display shows temperature setting and maintenance codes
- Built-in electric blower
- Supplied with a 120 volt power cord
- Environmentally friendly Low NOx burner meets SCAQMD rule 1146 requirements
- Freeze protection to -30°F
- Model: RTG-64XN
- Gas Input/BTU/HR: 11,000-150,000
- Type: Outdoor
- Temp Range: 100° - 140°
- GPM @ 77° Rise Max: 3.3
- GPM @ 45° Rise Max: 5.6
- GPM @ 35° Rise Max: 6.4
- Gas/Water Connection: 3/4
- Dimensions: 25 5/8 H x 13 7/8 W x 8 7/8 D
- Ship Weight: 54 pds
- Energy Factor: 0.82
- D.O.E Ann. Op. Cost NAT/LP: $223/$374Energy Factor and Average Annual Operating Costs based on D.O.E. (Department of Energy) test procedures. D.O.E. national average fuel rate natural gas $1.218/therm; LP $1.87/gallon.
- Parts Warranty Through the Manufacturer: 5 Years
Labor Warranty Through the Manufacturer: 1 Year
Heat Exchange Warranty Through the Manufacturer: 12 Years
GENERAL: This Limited Warranty is only available to the original owner of this water heater. It is not transferable. Rheem Manufacturing Company (Rheem) warrants this Rheem or Ruud water heater, and its component parts, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use and service, for the Applicable Warranty Period. At its option, Rheem will repair or replace the defective water heater, or defective component part(s), in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, if it fails in normal use and service during the Applicable Warranty Period. The replacement water heater must be manufactured by Rheem. The replacement component part(s) must be Rheem authorized component part(s). The replacement unit will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original unit's Applicable Warranty Period.
EFFECTIVE DATE: The Effective Date of warranty coverage (or the beginning of the Applicable Warranty Periods) is the date of installation of the water heater, if properly documented. Otherwise, it is the date of manufacture of the water heater plus ninety (90) days.
APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIODS: The Applicable Warranty Periods are ten (10) years from the Effective Date for the heat exchanger and three (3) years from the Effective Date for the component parts if the water heater is installed in a single-family dwelling. If the water heater is installed anywhere other than a single-family dwelling or in any system in which the water is recirculated, the Applicable Warranty Periods will be limited to one (1) year from the Effective Date.
This Limited Warranty will not cover:
1. Service trips to your home to teach you how to install, use, or maintain this water heater or to bring the water heater installation into compliance with local building codes and regulations.
2. This residential tankless water heater if it is installed for use in: spa or pool heating; a mobile home; a recreational vehicle; a boat or any other watercraft.
3. Units installed in any circulating system in which the temperature of the incoming water to the water heater is in excess of 120° F.
4. Damages, malfunctions or failures resulting from failure to install the water heater in accordance with applicable building codes/ordinances or good plumbing and electrical trade practices.
5. Damages, malfunctions or failures resulting from improper installation or failure to operate and maintain the unit in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions provided, including outside of recommended water quality levels as listed in the chart below:
6. Performance problems caused by improper sizing of the water heater or the gas supply line, the venting connection, combustion air openings, electric service voltage, wiring, or fusing.
7. Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by improper conversion from natural gas to LP gas or LP gas to natural gas fuel source.
8. Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by operating the water heater with any parts removed or with modified, altered, or unapproved parts installed.
9. Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by abuse, accident, fire, flood, freeze, lightning, acts of God and the like.
10. Heat exchanger failures (leaks) caused by operating the water heater in a corrosive or contaminated atmosphere or damages, malfunctions or failures caused by lime or mineral build-up.
11. Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by operating the unit at water temperatures exceeding the maximum setting of the operating, or high limit, control.
12. Heat exchanger failures caused by operating the water heater when it is not supplied with potable water.
13. Damages, malfunctions or failures caused by subjecting the heat exchanger to pressures, or firing rates, greater than those shown on the rating label.
14. Damages, malfunctions or failures resulting from the use of any attachment, including any energy saving device, not authorized by Rheem.
15. Units installed outside the fifty states (and the District of Columbia) of the United States of America and the Dominion of Canada.
16. Units removed from the original installation location and reinstalled elsewhere.
17. Units that have had their rating labels altered, tampered with, or removed. A water heater should not be operated if the rating label is removed.
- Customer Reviews
- There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to review the product!
Write Your Own Review:
- Questions & Answers
MY HOME IS IN AN AREA WITH VERY HARD WATER. I'M TOLD I SHOULDN'T BUY A TANKLESS WATER HEATER BECAUSE SCALE WILL BUILD UP QUICLY AND THE UNIT WILL NO LONG WORK. I DO NOT HAVE A WATER SOFTENER. IS THIS CORRECT? IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD USE A TANKLESS?by AL O. on 01-06-2014
Soft water is not required to have a tankless water heater .A tankless water heater flushing kit like the Rheem RTG20124 is recommended to prolong the life of your tankless water heaters .on 03-18-2014
I've never heard of an outdoor model. Are there climate restrictions on this model? Will it work in the Midwest in freezing temperatures?by James W. on 05-12-2012
The Rheem RTG-64XN is designed for outdoor installation with a Natural Gas hookup, and includes adequate venting for outdoor installation. For extreme weather climates, a recessed box (click here to view recessed box) should be installed along with the tankless water heater to protect from damage due to weather or tampering. It is recommended to check natural gas pressure in your area and ground water temperature to make sure the output water temperature meets your needs upon installation.on 05-15-2012Please login or register before adding a question.