Sylvania Light Bulbs
At Westside Wholesale we offer you an excellent selection of Sylvania light bulbs. Our customers are pleased to find a big choice of types, sizes and watts. In spite of high quality of these bulbs, here you can purchase them at reasonable prices.
Sylvania has a highly trusted reputation in incandescent lighting. For about 100 years the manufacture has been consistently improving and innovating the lightning. With A-shape bulbs, chandelier bulbs and decorative globes, the company’s incandescent bulbs present significant quality and durability.
Sylvania light bulbs make the best choice for those who look for a truly efficient long lasting lighting solution. Here are the several types of bulbs:
Parabolic aluminized reflector, PAR, is a kind of bulbs that are typically used for outdoor lighting, in homes, stage lighting, automobile lighting and other applications. Sizes of a concrete bulb determines its application. PAR16, PAR20, PAR30 bulbs perform excellent accent and task lighting and general illumination for home and business. For general illumination indoors or outdoors customers also choose PAR38 bulbs with recessed fixtures. This type of spot and flood bulbs has the most popular angles of beam. Sylvania’s PAR lamps are counted as the standard of halogen industry because of their quality performance and perfect color rendering. For studio and stage illuminating, PAR46, 56, and 64 bulbs fit the best. The company has been developing special innovative features for stage lighting technology for more than five years. They use an aluminum reflector instead of a glass one to make the bulbs weigh lighter up to 65% and give brighter lightning. Lamps are made of quality materials, have attractive metal trim and a porcelain body.
Sylvania has a big number of compact fluorescent light bulbs which are ideal replacements for traditional incandescent bulbs. They are more eco-friendly and provide better lighting. They are considerably long lasting and save money. CFL bulbs guarantee customers the balance of inexpensive products and energy efficiency. Sylvania’s family of CFL bulbs are presented in various shapes, such as 2 and 4 pin tube, globe, mini-twist, twist, 3-way, R20, 25, 30, BR30, PAR 38, and more. Energy consumption economy is apparent: 23 Watt CFL Long-Life bulbs create the light output equal to a standard incandescent bulb of 100 Watt. Some types suggest different color temperatures, providing consumers desirable lighting options.
Sylvania Light Bulb, 75W PAR 30 Spot Halogen
Bundle Items & SAVE!
Sylvania Light Bulb, 75W BR40 Blue Shade Halogen Flood
Bundle Items & SAVE!
How to Select
How to select Light Bulbs
Light bulbs are the most essential parts of any lighting fixture that is why you need to pay additional attention when selecting them. The following guide will help you make the best choice among hundreds of options that exist today.
The first choice that you need to make is the lighting technology used for light bulb creation. Here are the most common types that exist today:
- Fluorescent bulbs. Such type efficient and long-lasting and is traditionally used with residential and commercial ceiling fixtures.
- CFL bulbs. This is the type of compact fluorescent lamps that use a mixture of gases to illuminate the area. Such bulbs are able to retain their heat and thus light when heated, this is why they provide more light while using the same amount of energy.
- Incandescent Bulbs. Incandescent bulbs are the oldest and least efficient type of light bulb that is still commonly used because of its low and affordable price. Such light bulbs spend 30-40% more energy than fluorescent and in addition to that have a shorter life.
- LED bulbs. Are the most efficient, reliable and long-lasting bulbs that exist today. The LED technology emits light while electrical charge passes through the bulb. The scope of LED bulbs is wider than you think; they are used in most of the residential, commercial and even industrial light fixtures.
- Halogen bulbs. This type of bulb is the closest you will ever get to sun light. It offers a natural colored light that is very similar the one produced by sun. Such light bulbs are mostly used for decoration purposes.
After the type of your future light bulb is specified, you need to consider its shape. The shapes that are present at today’s market include a-line, spiral, globe, candle, tube, bullet and other. Each shape has benefits and fits particular light fixtures and installations.
Bulb base should also be considered before you buy the item. The best way to know if the base is compatible with the lamp or the fixture is to look for specifications of such device and compare them with the bulb’s description.
Wattage and color temperature of a light bulb should also be considered. Knowing the wattage of each bulb installed in each fixture will help you plan your budget and, surprisingly enough spend less money and energy. Color temperature or the light’s color only depends on your personal preferences. It is possible to find bulbs of every type with warm or cool colors; you only need to look for such information in the light’s description.