Watts Reduced Pressure Zone Assembly - 1"
Watts 1 909QT
Ask a Question
About this Product
Product Information:A brand of Watts Water Technologies, Watts Regulator Company is an innovative manufacturer of water quality products for your plumbing needs. The Series 909 Reduced Pressure Zone Assemblies (Part # 0387129) are designed to provide superior cross-connection control protection of the potable water supply in accordance with national plumbing codes and containment control for water authority requirements.
Why choose the Watts brand? For the simplicity and of course our low cost to you! This series can be utilized in a variety of installations, including health hazard cross-connections in plumbing systems or for containment at the service line entrance. With its exclusive, design incorporating the patented air-in/water-out principle it provides maximum relief valve discharge during the emergency conditions of combined backsiphonage and backpressure with both checks fouled. Sizes 3/4" and 1" (20 and 25mm) shutoffs have tee handles.
How it Operates: The unique relief valve construction incorporates two channels: one for air, one for water. When the relief valve opens, as in the accompanying air-in/ water-out diagram, the right-hand channel admits air to the top of the reduced pressure zone, relieving thezone vacuum. The channel on the left then drains the zone to atmosphere. Therefore, if both check valves foul, and simultaneous negative supply and positive backpressure develop, the relief valve uses the air-in/water-out principle to stop potential backflow.
Additional Information :
Features:• Modular design
• Replaceable seats
• Compact for installation ease
• Horizontal or vertical (up or down) installation
• No special tools required for servicing
Specifications:• Dimensions: 15 3/8" W x 15 3/8" H
• Connection: 1 In. NPT Female threaded body connection
• Weight: 17.5 Lbs
• Materials:Body: Bronze
• Check Seats: 909 Celcon
• Relief Valve Seats: Stainless steel
• Test Cocks: Bronze
• Pressure Temperature: Temperature Range: 33 Degree F 140 Degree F (0.5 Degree C 60 Degree C) continuous, 180 Degree F (82 Degree C) intermittent
• Maximum Working Pressure: 175psi (12.1 bar)
• Specifications: A Reduced Pressure Zone Assembly shall be installed at each cross-connection to prevent backsiphonage and backpressure of hazardous materials into the potable water supply. The assembly shall consist of a pressure differential relief valve located in a zone between two positive seating check valves. Backsiphonage protection shall include provision to admit air directly into the reduced pressure zone via a separate channel from the water discharge channel, or directly into the supply pipe via a separate vent. The assembly shall include two tightly closing shutoff valves before and after the assembly, test cocks and a protective strainer upstream of the No. 1 shutoff valve
Write Your Own Review:
Questions & Answers
If you are a new customer, please register first: