WattStopper Dimmer Switches
WattStopper Dimmer Switches and Motion Sensors help extend the energy efficiency of any building, house or apartment. Perfect lighting in every room is achieved thanks to easily installed automatic dimmer switches.
Westside Wholesale offers high quality WattStopper Switches that create suitable ambiance for any room and reduce lighting costs. They also replace any standard wall switchers and are compatible with magnetic or electronic low voltage, incandescent or fluorescent fixtures.
Replacing ordinary wall Switchers with WattStopper Dimmers has the following advantages:
- Dimming lights in a room helps saving up to 70% of energy. This also results in saving money spent monthly on energy bills;
- Reducing lighting wattage extends bulb’s life, which once again results in reducing the lighting costs;
- Dimmer Switches have easy controls that help set the right amount of lighting for each room of the house. Some models even have remote controls that make it easier to turn the lights On and Off;
- Dimmer Switches provide comfortable visual environment that increases productivity and enriches the life of room occupants;
- WattStopper Dimmer Switches have unique design and are available in different color options that will match any wall in any room;
- Reducing energy consumption lowers CO2 emissions and helps saving the environment.
Westside Wholesale offers 500W WattStopper Motion Sensors that have the following specifications:
- All models operate at 120 VAC;
- Adjustable initial and secondary time delay from 30 seconds up to 30 minutes;
- 180 degrees coverage (300 sq ft maximum);
- Vandal resistant hard lenses;
- Safety grounded sensors;
- Hard poly 1.0 mm IR 2 lens;
- Voltage drop protection.
Passive infrared (PIR) technology, used in production of WattStopper Dimmer Switches, automatically turns the lights On when a person enters the room. Such feature can be useful for public places, conference rooms and offices. When installed in a living room, automatic on/off button can be used instead.
WattStopper Motion Sensor, Timed Occupancy Sensor Slide Dimmer, 500W - White
Purchase Pallet Items & Save!
Order $2000 in Pallet Items and
Save an Extra 5% off your Pallet!
WattStopper Motion Sensor, Timed Occupancy Sensor Slide Dimmer with 2 Stage Setting, 500W - White
Bundle Items & SAVE!
How to Select
How to Select an Electrical Dimmer?
Job Usage :
Electrical Dimmers are suitable for many different types of lighting, however, most dimmers work for a specific type of lighting to allow for the best operation possible. Therefore, when installing your lighting, it is important to consider the dimmer as well.
- Incandescent – works with all standard incandescent light bulbs in your home. This is the most commonly used type of dimmer. This dimmer will handle typical 120v household electricity at line voltage levels.
- Magnetic 12v – used for low voltage “magnetic” applications only. This dimmer will not work on a 120v household circuit. It is not uncommon for these to have a “load rating” which will determine which dimmer you should install.
- Electronic 12v – used for low voltage applications only. These dimmers will allow dimming of smaller devices such as landscape lighting, under cabinet lighting, or other 12v lighting units.
- Compact Flourescent / LED – specifically designed to dim the lighting of Compact Flourescent and LED lighting fixtures. These can be wired to any lighting source which operates CFL / LED bulbs. We do not recommend attempting to connect CFL / LED lighting to a standard Incandescent dimmer.
It is important to consider the amount of wattage you will need to dim to make sure you do not overload your dimmer. Dimmer switches can be purchased in different increments such as 450, 600, 800, or 1000 watts. For reference, if you are looking to dim a room with 8 x 100watt recessed lights, you will want to install the 1000watt dimmer to allow for some buffer.
- 3-way – Dimmers that allow for 3 way wiring allow the dimmer switch to be connected with other dimmers to provide multiple control stations. These are suitable when you would like 2 swicthes to control a single lighting fixture.
- Single-pole – Standard dimmers which connect to a standard circuit providing smooth even dimming along the length of the dim cycle. These dimmers do not have 3-way lighting characteristics.
Wireless dimmers allow you to dim a specific device wirelessly by using InfraRed or other technologies. These advanced dimmers will work with compatible devices.
When choosing a color for your dimmers, it is based on your personal preference. In most décor, matching the wall color can make finding a dimmer difficult if lighting conditions are bad. Therefore, it is not uncommon for home owners to install contrasting colored dimmers to add visual appeal and to increase your ability to find the switch when you need it most. In addition, it is important to consider whether you need LED indication or not, which is available on many dimmers available here at Westside Wholesale.
If you would like professional expert advice on selecting your dimmers, please contact our Customer Service Department through Live Chat, or by calling 1-877-998-9378,